Flintoff boxing tomorrow

pg123

I know that I demonstrate a fine figure of a "pigeonwatch physque" but am i the only one that considers a "heavyweight " a little bit of an odd term for a man weighing only 15 stone!

Boxing seems to have got so much about technique and so little about hitting hard, and having the mental strength to soak up the punishment and keep coming forward. I have wondered if the business of trying to score points rather than hit hard in the amateur game is to blame ?

Could it be that training methods re punching accuracy and speed have got so good that even the biggest fighter will be in trouble if he doesn't have the technique to protect himself ? One punch right on the button is all it takes. Maybe wrong, I'm not a boxer, but that's what it looks like to an outsider.

I'm remembering Tyson too, he was small for a heavyweight but he knocked a lot of big men out with accurate punches.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-54056-0-28451300-1354305249_thumb.jpg

No offence but you cant have watched amateur boxing, the amateurs I have watched over the years give it there all, ok they have the head guards but the lads give it there all and will still hit hard and try to KO the other opponant , it is a full contact sport old bean, I would rather watch the amateurs as they are fast and put on a proper show, Jeeeees they knock the **** out of each other, proper entertaining. As for mental strength you tell that to a young lad who is crying thru frustation not thru getting hurt but thru not being able to hurt a better opponant , the lad will still get in the ring on a different day. I know this as will EVO who has been there and done it,

As said no offence but you get in the ring whilst the butterflies are floating bout in your gut, then you can come back and spout bout points and mental strenght etc, PS All PRO'S WERE ABA LEVEL ONCE, ( Well apart from Flintoff that is)

ATB

Flynny

ATB Flynny.

me and my father in my day,,dad would of beat flintoff ,, the belt i have round my waist was the northern area lt middleweight kickboxing title,,i buried it with my father when he died it was my first title and one of his proudest moments

post-54056-0-28451300-1354305249_thumb.jpg

me and my father in my day,,dad would of beat flintoff ,, the belt i have round my waist was the northern area lt middleweight kickboxing title,,i buried it with my father when he died it was my first title and one of his proudest moments

You look a lot like your old man, thanks for sharing that picture with us. Now I know that all those ,,,, aren't commas, they're just volleys of body shots!

All the best! :)

total joke,,never boxed as an amateur,,trains and turns pro,,,,he,s in for a big shock for those of you who want to watch the fight ,,go to LSHUNTER on your laptop, the whole show will be on there,,hope he gets flattened, also they are saying this guy is unbeaten,,where :hmm: in mothercare probably

Anyone know where I can watch this online?

You only had 2 pages to trawl through brother!

Edited by Salty

I see the Hoing Kong Squash Open and the Korean Volleyball League on there but no Flintoff fight....

Don't shoot the messenger, it wasn't my suggestion, I merely brought your attention to an earlier post. Guy above me has suggested an alternative. Regardless, I reckon the ensuing virus scan will take longer than the fight. Just saying like.