Final I made them !

Mr Rizzini

Hi all

I have been looking to make a couple of decoys for both my magnet and to use as chris green style bouncers, Took a trip to easons today and got a tube of black acrylic for £3.30 and a XL tube of white for £7.50, I have enough to do 100's of decoys now.

After mixing the paint with a little fullers earth to take away a lot of the shine they came out like this.

Cheers to everyone that helped me with my questions in previous posts

What you's think?

decoy2-1_zps5f045e6b.jpg

decoy1-1_zpsa50b3dda.jpg

That looks excellent. I'll have to search for your earlier posts to find more details.

I bought the wings/tail from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOAM-WING-SET-ULTIMATE-PIGEON-DECOY-UPGRADE-SHOOTING-/320687978581?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4aaa7e3855

I plan to make them into the chris green style bouncers when the funds allow for me to buy the rest of the materials.

yeah its pretty rigid stuff, I've used it to make RC model planes so its defo firm enough for a model pigeon :)

If you cant get hold of that stuff you can get card laminated foam sheet from places like The Range, more expensive and the card plus water might be an issue but water proof it and I'm sure it would work great.

They look good. They look similar to mine when we discussed painting jack pyke sets on" foam wings (what to do with them)"

A cheap form of pole arrangement is 5mm kite poles, if you have a kite shop near you. Thicker,long poles, allows you to put a higher bird out in the field as an incommer. A shorter, say 5ft x 5 mm pole placed at an angle can look like a lander near your pattern. I have engineered a "v" splitter onto each decoy with cable ties. This allows me to attach them to the pole. Also, if you drill a hole up their backsides they can be used on rotary's until you get dead birds. Personally, I prefer these on a rotary than hyper flaps but as an added precaution I have glued the wings and tail in place.

A "Blue Peter" model maker's mind and the worlds your oyster

HTH

Good job, Where did you get the paint.

I have some old shell decoys that need a touch up and also a couple of felt goose decoys that I know bring the pigeons in !! that need refreshing.

Was decoying geese with these in a stubble field and a good amount of pigeons came into them. I suppose you could call them magnum pigeon decoys?

I now have fuds for the geese but dont want to ditich these.

BBL

Good job, Where did you get the paint.

I have some old shell decoys that need a touch up and also a couple of felt goose decoys that I know bring the pigeons in !! that need refreshing.

Was decoying geese with these in a stubble field and a good amount of pigeons came into them. I suppose you could call them magnum pigeon decoys?

I now have fuds for the geese but dont want to ditich these.

BBL

I use Daler Rowney "Graduate" Acrylic paints mixed with fullers earth ( to stop them shining). And Humbrol enamel yellow and black for the eyes All available on line with a google search. HTH