mpg on a jimny?

wannabe_keeper

I am looking at getting a 4x4 which i would need to get about my new shooting land but also want a comfortable 'on road' experience. I am 22 so insurance is going to be an issue as is cost of fuel! I have (so far) been pushed towards a Suzuki Jimny and was just wondering if anyone who has one could answer me:

"how many miles does it do on say £20 of fuel approx...?"

Any other suggestions towards cheap to run 4x4's but good for on/off road welcome.

Harry

32mpg on the last two tests I did... Hardly scientific, just filling a virtually empty tank and checking mileage when it reaches the same mark.

That's a mixed urban scenario.

I did consider getting rid of it for a smaller 65mpg supermini, but the Jimny is just such a great wee motor.

And i'd miss the 4x4 action on the very few days of snow we get :good:

Last one that a couple of us shared was a very thirsty little car. Unstoppable off road but used lots of feul at low speeds off road and maintaining a decent on road speed rusulted on using plenty feul to!

This is the same jimny I reference 2 posts up...it was only the tin worm that got it in the end - make sure you clean out and waxoil the points where the body mounts to the chassis - basically in the front and rear of all the arches as they get caked in mud and then rot away, also the boot floor around the rear seatbelt mounts. :good:

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

This is the same jimny I reference 2 posts up...it was only the tin worm that got it in the end - make sure you clean out and waxoil the points where the body mounts to the chassis - basically in the front and rear of all the arches as they get caked in mud and then rot away, also the boot floor around the rear seatbelt mounts. :good:

Regards,

Gixer

And everything else from the tyres up rusts.

There is a diesel version, they were never imported.

wow....thats crazy,av been looking to get one for ages but not at 30mpg.....what do you reckon to being able to get one imported doing it yourself..mmm,saying that hey are made by the japs so probs cost as much again traveling that far...never mind looks like al stik to the old van :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

MPG depends on the engine, of which there are a few over the years, and gear box.

I have a youngish model with a manual box and get 36mpg using it as a general runaround doing mixed mileage.

They are small so keep them unloaded when running about for best economy.

As for road tax, again it depends on the engine model.

Edited by Goldfish

Mine does similar mpg figures to everyone else and the tax is £120 a year. The older models are cheaper to tax so might be best to go for one of them. Mines a soft top too which is great for lamping out of and their so small and great off road that you can go anywhere