Graceland. The home of the King!!!

unapalomablanca

I've wanted to go for donkey's, and i am going to go one day. I just love all that Elvis stuff, Elvis young, Elvis old, Elvis fat, Elvis thin. Who cares? Any one on here been? I know quite a few people who have been and they all say it is very special.

How about some nice replies and not the usual sarky rubbish. It is xmas after all.

p.s. I was reading that his ex-missus is in panto in wimbledon and that his daughter is happily settled in England.,

id love to go mate,im a big elvis fan,have been since i was 7 years old,but i did hear recently that graceland was being sold,theres a fish and chip shop near me where the owner plays elvis records every single day,hes been to graceland loads of times and has actually given me some nice memorabilia from there....one of my biggest ambitions to go some day....DAZ

id love to go mate,im a big elvis fan,have been since i was 7 years old,but i did hear recently that graceland was being sold,theres a fish and chip shop near me where the owner plays elvis records every single day,hes been to graceland loads of times and has actually given me some nice memorabilia from there....one of my biggest ambitions to go some day....DAZ

They wrote a song about him :)

Nige

Edited by Supersonic

I've been, stayed in a hotel across the road from Graceland, I'm not the biggest elvis fan and i still found it all very interestin didn't realise just how famous he was until i saw the house, awards, cars, planes, clothes etc would highly recommend it!

Edited by dukeboy

I went on a visit to Graceland at the end of a cruise on the paddleboat steamer "Delta Queen", I have to say that I also found it tacky, the mansion is very small but has loads of extensions built at the back with trophy rooms and a yellow and black TV room . The guide said Elvis spent thousands of dollars in less than half an hour and boy did it look like it. **** pile carpets and about 50 tellys all in rows.The garages were more interesting with the original plane and pink cadillac.His grave was I thought quite pityful surrounded by all the glitz.I enjoyed my trip to Memphis more for the visit to Sun recording studios and being taken to a real blues club by the coloured lads on the ship, I was the only white person in the place., but whatever floats your boat. from Auntie.