Yanks - Zero respect

Duffryn

i don't see whats wrong with it, just some dangerous shots like where he swung through the next man to shoot at 1:38 and running with the gun, but they work for there birds which is sporting in my eyes and keeps you fit

The reason they wear hi-viz orange is to hide the blood streaks and its easy to see if you need to hose down your pants afterwards.

Good job I was not to his left otherwise he might have been wearing an imprint of my butt pad on his forehead for the next week!

Like others I agree its more sporting for the birds rather than some of the UK drives where the 'guns' have at least two guns and a loader with them.

The reason they wear hi-viz orange is to hide the blood streaks and its easy to see if you need to hose down your pants afterwards.

Good job I was not to his left otherwise he might have been wearing an imprint of my butt pad on his forehead for the next week!

Like others I agree its more sporting for the birds rather than some of the UK drives where the 'guns' have at least two guns and a loader with them.

haha :) yeh i agree with you mate

I can appreciate dangerous shooting and dubious shots but i dont understand how a shot can be sporting or unsporting??

Ian.

When game shooting I would consider an unsporting shot to be one where there is no challenge to the shooter, like a driven pheasant at 20 yards. As I get older I find I am pulling the trigger less and less, no point killing for the sake of it, been there and got that T shirt. I do appreciate and respect that others who have not travelled quite so far in this journey want to put plenty on the deck irrespective of the quality, they will come to realise the error in this sooner or later.

Having said that when pest control shooting I take every opportunity providing its safe and a pretty sure shot. I hate vermin and giving them an education is not in my lesson plan.

A

When game shooting I would consider an unsporting shot to be one where there is no challenge to the shooter, like a driven pheasant at 20 yards. As I get older I find I am pulling the trigger less and less, no point killing for the sake of it, been there and got that T shirt. I do appreciate and respect that others who have not travelled quite so far in this journey want to put plenty on the deck irrespective of the quality, they will come to realise the error in this sooner or later.

Having said that when pest control shooting I take every opportunity providing its safe and a pretty sure shot. I hate vermin and giving them an education is not in my lesson plan.

A

I would disagree for the reason the birds i find i usually miss are the ones i see coming a long way off towards me in a "gliding" fashion - usually it ends with me mounting the gun, one bang, a confuzed face, then another bang....and the bird carrying on happily....:lol:

whereas i find if i stand in a ride in a wood and get half a second warning i get better results!

Sometimes shooting a close bird with tight chokes can be challenging as you have to be on target due to the lack of patern - how far away are grouse or woodcock when shot? yet they are considered sporting but i guess this is put down to speed rather than hieght.

Regards,

Gixer

A

Best description of an unsporting shot ` one that does not challenge the shooter `

Not being one for driven shooting, im not sure how valid my opinion is. However, id love to have a days shooting like that. There was a couple of daft shots, but apart from that, it was great.

Same here mate ,would love the chance,the camera they were using causes a fish eye effect so some of those shots maybe were safer than they looked,although the swing through early on over his buddy ,i would not have even raised my gun.

Look here, lets not try to compare shooting across the pond with here. Whatever you think we are not comparing like with like. If that`s what they do in the USA respect.As long as it`s safe.

Shooting pheasants is not the same as here.The rules differ from state to state but it is , in general, much more restricted than here.

When I first saw those videos I was outraged but we are not comparing like with like and even though we speak a common language we are different countries with different values.

Bill

I really dont see why so many people get annoyed over the way yanks hunt, they have different traditions to us but they dont have "no respect"! If anything the many commercial driven shoots in the UK where 30,000 birds are released and they shoot 30 days a year have fair less respect. ???

And the snobbery about how they shoot at unsporting birds is ridiculous, the end result is a bird dead to be eaten whether it was sporting or unsporting, its just personal preference. Anyone who goes rough shooting like me will have shot many cock pheasants that would be classed as "unsporting" by lots of people but the sport isn't always in the shot. I agree with leaving less sporting birds on a driven day but that is a completely different form of shooting.

The one thing that does any me is the way they shout ROOSTERRR! :lol:

like i said on the last yank bashing thread

having actually shot in america / canada.. i can say that its not laughter of killing something as some may think.. we are a reserved country and over there they are... very vocal.

so when we might say.."good shot sir" they are a little more "yeah!! ". its just how they are. i think everyone should experience the hunting on the other side of the pond. much nicer to walk into town in your hunting gear and no one batts an eye lid but over here there is too much judgment upon people, when they wont take the time to experience that persons beliefs and interests. theres always going to be the odd one thats not quite doing it the right way but its just the same over here unfortunately.

Just My opinion.

just a bit of jealousy i think.

having actually shot in this style i can safely say it is fun ( in a respectful way ) and also challenging.

having actually shot in this style i can safely say it is fun ( in a respectful way ) and also challenging.

Nothing against it or how they do it over there and I am sure it is fun but - I don't see where the challenge is in shooting a walked up pheasant ?

watching the video there are some shots that were quite unexpected. i suppose its the same as a rough shoot here in the UK, walking up with the dogs running in a hedge line then all of a sudden a bird spits out when you least expect it. a bit different to standing on a peg knowing the direction the birds are coming in and taking aim... don't get me wrong, i love my driven days. i really do. but sometimes something different is good.

what i was trying to say is neither style is right / wrong or hard / easy. its just the bashing of the other sides style and ways, when people haven't experienced it. its just i have very close friends over the pond and there not like that at all.. just not keen on the generalisation of them that they have no respect. some do, but not all of them.. its exactly the same over here.