seagulls

armsid

Plenty of water...plenty of worms

We have thoisands of gulls on my permission, they feed at the landfill site then drop down into neighbouring fields to rest...crops are killed off every year by the faeces and them paddling it in

The best answer is YES! always is

Yep same here. Its the gigantic local rubbish tip that causes the problem.

The sooner they stick them on the general licence the better, maybe they could allow them to be shot a certain distance inland.....we are 20miles form the sea and there are thousands of the ****!

best answer i can think of is 32g 4`s lol, seem to scare pigeons away you never see pigeons decoying in with gulls flying over the fields

6s do. They aren't very tough birds

Edited by TJ91

They've been playing havoc in Caernarfon town for years. Worst thing you can do is walk through town with a bag of chips in your hand.

I've seen people get seriously hurt by the ****ers

Try Whitby pier or Scarborough seafront...doesn't need to be a tray of chips..they will try take a fag from your mouth!

Orrible things they are.

But saying that, I do like to watch 'proper' gulls going about their business at sea.

the presence of a hawk will shift them perhaps a harris hawk or even better a peregrine falcon :yes: that would shift them.

i agree though they are a pest and sometimes dangerous when scrounging for food at the seaside around young kiddies etc, they need controling inland.

The fields are covered with seagulls around me, not a pigeon in site.

Was going to call in at a local farm over the weekend but decided with no birds around to shoot, the farmer would just say no.

Best wait will the pigeons return.

if you mean farmers on the a614 I'd not bother mate all land taken by one or two lads I no

Yeh we have the same problem ! Can't you shoot black backs though ? The bigg 'ens

Yep in England you can mate, they are on the General Licence for 2013, Lesser Black Backed Gulls.

Also noticed you lot over the bridge can shoot Parakeet's, do you have much problems with these :blink:

Gee,

Parakeets escaped from captivity in London some years ago. They are spreading as they breed like bunnies. Out West as far as around Maidenhead at the minute. They are noisy little **** and **** everywhere. Eat your crops/vegetable seedlings etc. Hope they do not reach us, but if they do a strong dose of lead aspirin awaits.

There are many story's as to where the ringneck parakeets came from and down south they are nearly as common as pigeon's i see hundred's of them on a daily basis this is thought to be because of thier love of fruit based crop's ie; apples pears etc they also choose the same nesting sites as some of our native birds such as hollow tree's where you would normally find woodpeckers owls etc,

the presence of a hawk will shift them perhaps a harris hawk or even better a peregrine falcon :yes: that would shift them.

i agree though they are a pest and sometimes dangerous when scrounging for food at the seaside around young kiddies etc, they need controling inland.

Good thinking mate but the only problem with that idea is that a Harris Hawk or a Peregrine will only act as a short term deterrant and frighten the pigeons away too!

been out today....not a pigeon to be seen,plenty of gulls tho'(brief storey,father in law had a nice piece of homemade fruit cake,sat eating it on Poole quay,pointed to brownsea to show something& wallop!! gull took his cake..bl**dy big bit too,he was never 1 for swearing but he did that day!!)back to the field... i also had plenty of cormorants,buzzard& as i packed up a Perigrine!! so no wonder i had no luck!!!