Boots

bullet dodger

I wear haix firefighting/ chainsaw boots with the zip up the front you can get good 2nd hand pair on eBay. Totally water proof warm and indestructible. That said any leather fire boot are ideal. Can get a good used pair for about £30- 40.

There not particularly smart or light but better than wellies for trappsing snow or muddy fields.I've spent 8 to 10 hours in mine b comfy. Some on eBay now ( haix fire boots ) all sizes from 19 to 50 quid dependant on condition.

LOWA are warm dry and very supportive but not the lightest, made of leather and you will wear the soles out before the boot which is replaceable for the cost of £65. I made the mistake and bought some harkila swade type tall boots,when I should have bought another pair of lowa for £130 or got them reasoled. I will be buying another pair or lowa when the harkila are goosed which wont be long.

Edited by Albert 888

I know they are not everybody's first choice but everyone should have at least one pair of ex-army boots. They are remarkably comfortable, totally waterproof and you don't care what happens to them. They last forever and you can leave your "good" boots at home gathering dust. I wear mine out of choice all the time although I have much more expensive boots.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281009152902?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619