Is there a cheap game load?

Looking on line, there are crazy prices for game loads and even so called pigeon cartridges £6-£7 a box

ok clay cartridges have smaller shot but there a lot cheaper even top end ones.

Any idea why this is?

If the cartridge makers came out with a basic no frills game load, for the same price as bog standard clay cartridge, wouldnt they sell plenty.

im sure someone will post an example but i couldnt find one from one of the major makes, Hull, eley, gamebore etc.

Guest cookoff013

why would they come out with a basic game load when it will have a huge impact on their premium game loads?

if someone exclusively shot game, and had the time, reloading premium shells for pigeon shell prices.

To be fair, a run of the mill clay cartridge doesnt need to be too powerful if thats the right word. Im sure game / pigeon shells with have 'better' components, powders, shot etc. I know where your coming from but i tend to just pay the money and forget about it! The price of shells will be soon forgotten when your dropping birds! Im sure there will be somebody on here that has more knowledge than me and can use proper terms!

If your paying £6-7 a box for pigeon cartridges then you need to be looking for another dealer.

I am currently using Trust super halcon game 32 gram of 6s which come in at £4.40 a box , I also brought recently kent velocity 29 gram 6s £4 a box and hull superfast 29gram 6s for the same price .

All good cartridges and all good enough for game or pigeon

I thought £6-7 sounded dear but when I checked this sure enough it was there

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=57_61&zenid=7hdjf1deqisdtjeb8rhh2or8k3

These are made by Hull (i believe) and are the same own brand ones they all sell. I prefer the ones with Holland and Holland printed on them but otherwise they are the same cartridges.

If your paying £6-7 a box for pigeon cartridges then you need to be looking for another dealer.

I am currently using Trust super halcon game 32 gram of 6s which come in at £4.40 a box , I also brought recently kent velocity 29 gram 6s £4 a box and hull superfast 29gram 6s for the same price .

All good cartridges and all good enough for game or pigeon

The Halcon game cartridge (28gm English 5.5) are only £4 a box, too. They are plenty good enough for game/pigeons. I'm pretty sure the velocities and hull are £4.30 a box (if bought from Whaplode).

Try a purchase your game carts now, or in the Summer, allot of shops put the price of game carts up towards the start of the season.

Also keep an eye on places like just cartridges, they have some bargains every now and again.

Last year I got 1000 Express 29g 5s delivered for just under £200. Shame they don't keep them in stock, they were bloody good cartridges....

Edited by chrispti

• 4 weeks later...