thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice :good:

Is that the one you're having trouble stripping? my mag tube simply unscrews...

If it's restricted on a sg2 the mag tube will be unremovable, if it's a screw in type it will be glued / loctite in place or pinned, my soon to be wingmaster is brazed in.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/police/firearms/deactivation-of-firearms-2010?view=Binary

If it's restricted on a sg2 the mag tube will be unremovable, if it's a screw in type it will be glued / loctite in place or pinned, my soon to be wingmaster is brazed in.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/police/firearms/deactivation-of-firearms-2010?view=Binary

on closer inspection I think the tube may be pinned in place. I've been looking at some that have sold on gunwatch in the past and all the section 2 ones seem to have the same mark on them on the side of the reciever. I thought this was just another chip but seeing it on others makes me think it isn't.

Anyone else got an old 500 with the same "scratch" on the same side as the ejector port where the mag tube joins the reciever?

I don't suppose any pump clubbers have set of swivels (cap and stud) to fit a 20g hatsan field hunter pump they would like to swap for my set of uncle mikes 20g rem 870 super swivels (part 1800-5). I was told they'd fit my hatsan so ordered them off the bay but they don't fit.

I ended up with two sets of 20g 870 swivels. They are the internal ratchet swivel that you could fit to a Hatsan if you drilled a hole in the magazine cap. I am not using them so could swap no problem. The ratchets do sometimes stick - you are best to locktite the threads and centre punch the centre stud to stop them undoing.

I modified one set to fit a semi and locking and punching them seemed to do the trick. Could probably just superglue the thing, but pumps bring out the over-engineering instict!

Edited by Wharf Rat

Is the middle on an Ithaca Deerslayer???

Sadly not! Its a Browning BPS which I got for a song on another forum. It was on FAC. A friendly gunshop took it on their book from the seller and arranged the mag restriction and at the same time reblued the receiver and stripped and oiled the stock. The only bit showing wear is the trigger guard which is made of aluminium and painted. This is some form of baked on paint which has chipped away. I'm planning on getting this duracoated or similar. Getting it on a SGC and refurbed meant that it was no bargain, but I like the result.

Its a very nice gun, non of the rattle I have in the .410 mossberg at the bottom and no plastic bits. It was made in the early 1980s. It will be perfect for shooting from a pigeon hide dropping empty shells at my feet. It has a 26" barrel and (I think) about 1/4 choke.

Its also a great rough shopoting gun as its light to carry and comes to the shoulder quickly.

I too have now started an under the mattress (misses will never find it ;)) Wingmaster fund...

If we're not careful lads we're going to start pushing up the price of pumps... supply and demand and all that :oops:

On another note, was out yesterday evening with my mossy 500.... combine the old girl with a stealthy me and a primos crow caller... the poor ******* didnt stand a chance.... people say you never need more than 3 shots but her long mag tube came in handy when I had 10-15 birds circling above my head.

we're in the wild west of Cornwall (search for Helston), MILES from anywhere... great if you live here, not so great if you want to come here. :/

It'll be no fancy affair either... think cornish hill billy :D

I'm sure I've been, Years ago I had a girlfriend whos Aunty had a B&B down that way. We went for a week but had to sleep in the summer house (Garden shed) The local pub had a bar maid that looked like the Honey Monster.

Cornwall is still my second favourite part of the country.

I'm sure I've been, Years ago I had a girlfriend whos Aunty had a B&B down that way. We went for a week but had to sleep in the summer house (Garden shed) The local pub had a bar maid that looked like the Honey Monster.

I'm sure I've been, Years ago I had a girlfriend whos Aunty had a B&B down that way. We went for a week but had to sleep in the summer house (Garden shed) The local pub (The Lion and Lamb) had a bar maid that looked like the Honey Monster.