Pump Club

thepasty

Well I'm now in pump club.

Picked up a Winchester SXP this morning for a Christmas present from the Mrs. I won't be shooting it until after Christmas day but initial impressions are that it looks (to my eyes at least) really really nice ,especially in the flesh and feels solid and sturdy. I was a little worried about the LOP on it as I'm 6ft with an average reach and I'd read about it being pretty short due to the stock but when mounted it feels extremely comfortable!

I've yet to see how it fires but so far just with how it looks and feels I'm very impressed. Tomorrow I'm going to be just like a kid on Christmas morning! :)

Photo please :D

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up a Winchester SXP this morning for a Christmas present from the Mrs. I won't be shooting it until after Christmas day but initial impressions are that it looks (to my eyes at least) really really nice ,especially in the flesh and feels solid and sturdy. I was a little worried about the LOP on it as I'm 6ft with an average reach and I'd read about it being pretty short due to the stock but when mounted it feels extremely comfortable!

I've yet to see how it fires but so far just with how it looks and feels I'm very impressed. Tomorrow I'm going to be just like a kid on Christmas morning! :)

Well? How did it shoot?

Hi Fabhui

Looking at one of these myself

Did you get the 26 or 28 and if you hefted both, what was the deciding factor?

Cheers

Baz

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to try out my new SXP as since just before midnight Christmas Eve I've been as sick as a dog with a stomach bug and only just started to feel human again today.

Hi Fabhui

Looking at one of these myself

Did you get the 26 or 28 and if you hefted both, what was the deciding factor?

Cheers

Baz

I got the 28" as they only had that in stock and I intend to use it for a bit of everything including clays. I will say when mounted to me it feels extremely comfortable and the short-ish stock is not even noticeable.

sorry mods if this isnt permitted... but i had to mention in here that my 870 has been relisted again on gunwatch should anyone want one and ive dropped the price a bit

http://www.gunwatch.co.uk/guns/8069-Remington-870-Super-Magnum-3-5-for-sale

i reluctantly put it for sale a few months ago as i couldnt afford to keep it after buying my semi auto and did enjoy shooting it and had hoped to keep it which to be hoenst i could now but its silly it just sitting here doing nothing as i cant see me using it as i love my benelli so much (sorry pump fans!) and ive just bought another gun as well.. a muzzle loader so theres even less chance of me using it

its silly it just sitting here doing nothing as i cant see me using it as i love my benelli so much (sorry pump fans!) and ive just bought another gun as well.. a muzzle loader so theres even less chance of me using it

Buy a Benelli Super Nova and have a Benelli pump for when you need to satisfy your urge to pump (Ooooooh MAtron!)

that ithica does look nice, jfletch.. you wont regret getting a pump, their SO much fun.. my only reason for getting rid is a semi auto is a lot better for my main shooting.. i know its just a matter of getting used to it but im so used to just pulling the trigger i keep foegetting to pump and miss the second shot :oops:

just finished cleaning them, been out this afternoon as you can see by the pics the SXP and 870 are about the same LOP 13.5 inches as I'm use to my cynergy which is very similar to my 725 sprter of about 14.5inches LOP.

When shooting the pumps my trigger hand nearly touches my nose upon recoil, all in good fun though :lol:767a66b3e02ed8fcfd8f2856abf55b0c_zpse3636126c95e80193fa022147a6d96b156fb_zps9107

you can get spacers for the winchester SXP pump and utilize longer screws. any gunsmith can add some spacers to your remmy.

Request permission for membership to "Pump club"?!

Went to get my semiauto looked at/fixed at Wabbitboshers today and ended up walking away with a nearly spanking new Hatsan field pump!

Took a diversion home via Kibworth clay ground, and loved every second of it! Haha!

Here is a pic, not the best quality but there you go...

null_zpsee826e8d.jpg