thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you 100% sure ???

Home Office guidance Prohibited weapons chapter 3 paragraph 3.2 i read it as being a section 5 prohibited weapon.

iv) any self-loading or pump-action smoothbore

gun which is not an air weapon or

chambered for .22 rimfire cartridges and

either has a barrel less than 24 inches

in length or (excluding any detachable,

folding, retractable or other moveable

butt-stock) is less than 40 inches in

length overall (section 5(1)(ac));

v) any smooth-bore revolver gun other than

one which is chambered for 9mm rimfire

cartridges or a muzzle-loading revolver

gun (section 5(1)(ad));

i thought this was just with folding stocks? thus we cant have them unless.... same with pistol grips?

Its the fact the stock is collapsible that makes all the diffrence, solid pistol grip stocks are fine had one on my Hatsan MPA, will get one for my Mossy, but collapsible stocks are illegal unless the overall length from the rear of the receiver to the tip of the barrel is over 40 inches ,the collapsible stock measurement does not count toward the overall length of the gun firearms guidance chapter 3 paragraph 3.2 section 4,

Home Office guidance Prohibited weapons chapter 3 paragraph 3.2 i read it as being a section 5 prohibited weapon.

gun (section 5(1)(ad));

yes I was just reading that paragraph but underneath it there's a revised section or something??? About the secton f22 , I'm rubbish about reading this kind of stuff , I'll defo give my FEO a bell tomorrow but in the meantime it's another great topic to start off :lol:

simple answer is to fix the stock, but the way it reads to me is if you fully retract the stock and it's still over 40" then you're ok

yes paddy I see your point I rang my FEO around October of last year about the retractable stock he said it was fine but things may have changed since then ??? Last thing I want is to have my gun taken off me :(

simple answer is to fix the stock, but the way it reads to me is if you fully retract the stock and it's still over 40" then you're ok

That sounds like a great "fix " to me i only thought of it after i got rid of my collapsible stock ,i reckon a FEO would accept this as a fixed stock , but i still reckon just having a collapsible stock on the gun is illegal bacause fully extended or retracted it is not taken into account for the purposes of calculating overall length, thats the way i'm reading it anyway?

When i bought my Mossy it had a huge hushpower barrel and a ATI stock the length of the barrel and receiver were well over 40 inches so no problem with the stock ,as soon as i put one of the 2 smaller barrels on a 24 or 28 inch the gun then became illegal because the length measured from the rear of the receiver to the tip of the barrel was under 40 inches.Thats what i was told when i bought the outfit and having read up on the guidance i believe this to be true.

That sounds like a great "fix " to me i only thought of it after i got rid of my collapsible stock ,i reckon a FEO would accept this as a fixed stock , but i still reckon just having a collapsible stock on the gun is illegal bacause fully extended or retracted it is not taken into account for the purposes of calculating overall length, thats the way i'm reading it anyway?

iget your point, i had a spas 12 a while back, the stock was fixed but could be unbolted easily enough leaving it with just a pistol grip, utterly useless for anything i know but still doable

How about Wingmaster stocks on the Express then? :)

Edit - That would feel wrong actually :blush:

Yeah pretty sure! Only differance is a nicer wood and more time spent on the finished product ( and finish to metal? And stamp that says wingmaster) as far as I know??

I wouldn't mind a synthetic stock for my wm tbh

Is this club the one they just approved in parliament :hmm:

Just swung the vote lol

Theres loads of synth stocks available for the 870....

MidwayUK have a load... I think midway are pretty pricey tho...

http://www.midwayuk....-store=MidwayUK

but like the others say, the wingmaster has one of the best standard stocks for a pump.... you even get twerly bits! ;)

Edited by thepasty

gun (section 5(1)(ad));

Yes pal your 100% correct , spoken to police they've given me the low down , time to get my tool kit out :/