when your dog dies?

goodo123

It comes to all unfortunately but just seen this http://www.thedepartingshot.com/index.aspx basically you have your pet's ashes loaded into a shell and can then scatter them. Really not sure on this one, what do you think?

My dogs aren't pets, they are working dogs so this would be a fitting end to their life and career. Most of the time they think I have ash in my cartridges anyway...

My old springer was cremated & the ashes where put in a box with his leader and his chew. We planted a cherry tree on top that was 16 yes ago, have a bench under it & I often sit there with the odd bottle.Never had a dog since,couldn't go through it again I lost me best friend the day he died.

I have 5 dog 4 cats and a rabbit.

2 of the dogs are getting long in the tooth, the boxer is 12 and going seinile, the lab is 10 with very poorly hips and lumps everywhere :(

I really don't cry as a rule but am sure a few tears will be shed when they go :(

I would feel better knowing where they are in the garden even if we move on from the house.

They arnt working dogs or pets they are part of the family :)

Sorry, I don't get the whole working dog thing. I have never had a purely pet dog in my life but I am still upset when they go as have been everyone I know who it has happened to. As for what you do with the carcass? IMO the dead don't care do what suits

I think that our friend dose not understand what it meant to care about anything but himself he is the sort of person who if he has kids thinks that when they leave home he will just wash his hands of them I have done my part that it I'm off to the pub for a pint.

For what it is worth I have always buried our dogs in the garden it dose not matter If I move house I now that I have treated there remains with respect and that is all that matters to me.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I don't want to get into any debate in this thread on peoples personal or spiritual beliefs but I personally believe in a spiritual afterlife, meaning that when a person dies their spirit leaves the body and lives on in a "spiritual realm", and I can see no reason why this should not apply to animals. I know that many will disagree with me and think that I am some sort of a crackpot but we are all entitled to our own personal beliefs as long as we do not try to force them off onto others.

I was actually talking to my wife about this just the other day (She too believes in the same as me) and I said that when I die I want to be cremated, and as far as I am concerned they can drop my dead body into a plywood packing case to cremate it. I would then like my ashes can be taken to our clay grounds and spread there.

Your "faithful friends" have no doubt served you well so why not give them the fitting end that they deserve and have their ashes spread on their favourite "hunting grounds" too?

I think that our friend dose not understand what it meant to care about anything but himself he is the sort of person who if he has kids thinks that when they leave home he will just wash his hands of them I have done my part that it I'm off to the pub for a pint.

For what it is worth I have always buried our dogs in the garden it dose not matter If I move house I now that I have treated there remains with respect and that is all that matters to me.

This is the thing.

There are all kinds of expensive emotion led options for making you feel better when the dog has died but it wont bring the animal back.

Dig a hole, give it a respectful burial then spend the cremation money on your next furry best friend.

My old springer was cremated & the ashes where put in a box with his leader and his chew. We planted a cherry tree on top that was 16 yes ago, have a bench under it & I often sit there with the odd bottle.Never had a dog since,couldn't go through it again I lost me best friend the day he died.

i was like you mate lost my pointer bitch 20 years ago its took till now to get another,got a springer bitch 5 months ago what a treasure she is.enjoyin her trainin now.