freesat reciever boxes

mikky

First I will say what is wrong with using an aerial with a digie box I had a Goodmans box with two tuners and an 80gig hard drive to record stuff on and I only changed over to a sat dish as my aerial had to be on a big pole that needed replacing.

At first a friend set me up with a dish and an old sky box that was ok as you can get free view on the sky satellite I then got a Goodmans free view box with 500gig hard drive that is also good but uses a different satellite I did get a humax box but had problems with it and so changed it for a Goodmans one.

I have had a humax from when they first came out and it's been brilliant I get a few hd channels and plenty of the normal ones. It's a good 6/7 years old and working fine.

I use it up stairs now as mrs A carnt live without the robbing sky box I said shooting would be cheaper for her ! But no joy :/

I dare say any of them play and record OK.

The things I like about the Humax compared to others is that it is so easy to set up. It automatically puts the channels in the right order (IMO)

I don't want C4, BBC3, ITV, C4+.....

I want them BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4.......

Recording is just as straight forward, so is rewind etc.etc.

Just so much nicer than the other crappy things I have had.

The **** ones mean you need to read the instructions to do anything at all, with the Humax it is just obvious how to do things.