Shooting show rubbish

bi9johnny

130 mile trip to get there and 1.20 hours queuing to get in then told our advance tickets was worth a jot and there is no priority parking its cancelled, then got in there and it was rammed to the rafters... I pity anyone who was after spending serious money as I was but couldn't near to swing a gun

Never again 2 hours in there and it was hell

Know the feeling, shopping for .243 couldnt get one out of the rack for the sheer weight of people, let alone the number of time wasters and tyre kickers

Queue in both car and to get in hopeless

Gamekeeping dept was quietest which was good as needed some time with the BASC dept

It was an utter, utter shambles.

Left Donny at 8.15 and got to the outskirts of Kennilwoth at 9.45 where we saw the first signs for the show.

We eventually got into the car park after being shunted around by clueless event organisers and sitting in endless traffic just before 12.

As is said above, the parking cards were a waste of time and you just had to ramp the motor up where you could.

As disorganised when in the show too but was so pleased to have eventually got in, I enjoyed my time there.

I'm still unconvinced they needed to move it from Newark but bet I'll be back for more punishment next year.

If you're reading this and thinking of going tomorrow, the very best of British to you sir.

130 mile trip to get there and 1.20 hours queuing to get in then told our advance tickets was worth a jot and there is no priority parking its cancelled, then got in there and it was rammed to the rafters... I pity anyone who was after spending serious money as I was but couldn't near to swing a gun

Never again 2 hours in there and it was hell

Same as mate, if it's held there again i'll not be going......... :angry:

We were there early and got more or less straight in,there was plenty to see,and it was busy,but that's to be expected.had a good day and got a few bargains.

Aye, The early l bird gets the worm, And the second mouse the.................. Well i think you know how it go :lol:

moaners lol,

i had no issues got there 8.15, no que for parking or getting a ticket.

did get busy inside tho but doesnt matter

lots of funny looking people

I,m not moaning, Only having a laugh, If people got out there bed earlier and made a move, maybes they would get there when it was,nt so busy

Stayed near by last night, got there early, as has been said parking passes didn't mean anything. Took about 25 minutes to get parked - that truly was a shambles. Parking marshals were no use. Got in the doors easily after quite a walk from the car. All the halls were pretty busy but manageable. we managed to buy a few of the things we went for; very very pleased we were not after guns as that was just a crush with too few assistants. Browning stand was very helpful, got a couple of pairs of shooting glasses ordered at a good price and thought I'd give a Hamilton Slip Stand a try. So for us the visit was OK. Arriving early was the key. Towards the end of the afternoon we decided to find the Clay Zone to have a shot! Bloody miles away from halls and parking so decided we would have a go tomorrow.

Glutens for punishment, we won't stay too long but weather permitting we will break a few clays before we hit the road.

Good Luck for those coming tomorrow - START EARLY!

TBH,Terry(Eccles)and myself had a great day at the Show.

Ok Parking wasnt great but we got there early,walked straight in and there was plenty to see.

It was also great to meet my good friends Andy(Camokid)and his brother Ian(magician) and Jerry(rsrjerry) for the very first time.

A good day allround IMO.

We agree with everyone on the terrible organisation, dangerously crowded, few stunning bargains, but on a positive note the huge amount of people who turned out proves there is a market for a good well run show. The huge amount of people also proves that shooting is not some minority interest that can be ignored, if only we could get organised with ONE powerful voice.

It was only the first hall and foodcourt that was really overcrowded, the rest of the halls were ok. I agree that the traffic management and parking provisions were terrible, they were lining up the cars one at a time rather which caused the delays getting traffic off the road.