fox poll for the anti's

mereside

I always have said and always will say the same about foxes.

I do not have a problem with foxes but I will not hesitate in shooting them if they are causing a problem or if i am requested to do so especially where they are a risk to livestock or a persons livelyhood or safety. Foxes are wild predatory animals and as such you will never be able to fully tame them nor will you ever be able to fully trust them. By feeding them in your back garden (Or where ever) all you are doing is encouraging them to interact with people and removing their natural fear of humans, which is not a natural or safe thing to do with any predator as there are sometimes high risks involved. This has shown to be true on many occasions where foxes have attacked both children and adults. As such I have put my mark on the poll stating that they are pests/vermin!

Edited by Frenchieboy

The question is misleading. If you vote yes you are basically a fox hugging veggie, if no you are a person who wants to see foxes exterminated from the face of the Earth. That is what the question implies. I have no problem with foxes per se but would hunt them if they were causing problems so I voted vermin since they are in many cases.

I refuse to vote on such ill worded options, particularly as the article is based on the slanted views of the anti foxhunting lobby.

The more stupid hysteria whipped up by the media whose sole objective is to turn the poor child's plight into a contentious issue to enable them to sell more newspapers.

Now, if they asked the question "do you delight in watching foxes but accept that in certain circumstances they must be culled" then they would have my vote.

All this foxes are vermin and must be shot on sight propaganda is uneducated garbage.

I refuse to vote on such ill worded options, particularly as the article is based on the slanted views of the anti foxhunting lobby.

The more stupid hysteria whipped up by the media whose sole objective is to turn the poor child's plight into a contentious issue to enable them to sell more newspapers.

Now, if they asked the question "do you delight in watching foxes but accept that in certain circumstances they must be culled" then they would have my vote.

All this foxes are vermin and must be shot on sight propaganda is uneducated garbage.

Well said.

Too many agendas from too many groups and poor wording will make that survey totally meaningless.