Got meself a posh new shooting wagon

Stratts

Put a deposit down on this tnite and I'm quite chuffed tbh. Thanks for all the advice on my 4x4 thread. icon_wink.gif

Traded my megane plus cash for a great condition 55 plate Nissan X Trail 2.2 DCI with FSH and only 59k on the clock. Don't think it's done a hard days work in it's life and no tow bar so aint been pulling owwt.

Only thing is will the Mrs let me drill a hole in the roof for the lamp!! suss.gif

Stratts

post-24909-0-39671700-1360879206_thumb.jpg

post-24909-0-76624700-1360879219_thumb.jpg

post-24909-0-30555500-1360879235_thumb.jpg

She will not let you put a hole in the roof,she probably will end up lamping you if you drive it with your wellies on LOL,on a serious note however,that cars too good for the field,they really get messy.If I cleaned all the mud out of mine I'd get another mile to the gallon

Edited by Davyo

Thats a bit nice for a shooting truck.

Let her in doors have it as hers.

You get yourself an old land rover or Disco.

I have just sold a 110 land rover 1972 so no road tax. classic insurance £120.

It was Diesel and did 35 mpg. It was ex MOD and it had a solid chassis never been welded.

A 1972 110 that does 35mpg. Man, that thing is unique in so many ways. Hope you got a fortune for it when you sold it. LOL

Cheers chaps it won't be going serious off roading it's more of a practical wagon for me shooting and allotment lugging around!! The Mrs is sorted coz we got my parents 08 Seat Altea XL on Monday which she's now using!! Been a busy car week!!!

Me and my mate pick up a Disco end of month for the farm which'll do the hard work for 500 quid.

I'd love a landy tbh but need summit half decent and economical for work,

Cheers

happy days mate, make sure you drop the oil and change the oil filter every 6 months and it will run forever, my mates runs tests on these engines(and many more) and says as long as the oil and filter are changed every 6 months it will run for ever, I know we all service our motors each year, but he said keep the oil nice and clean on these engines it does em no harm to change oil every 6 months, PS he works at shell in the engine testing dept so he knows his stuff. I have a navara and drop the oil evry half year,

ATB

Flynny

atb

Flynny

A 1972 110 that does 35mpg. Man, that thing is unique in so many ways. Hope you got a fortune for it when you sold it. LOL

It was unique. Free wheeling hubs and a fairy overdrive.

I used to go to wales in it often cruise at 55 to 60 mph and it would return 35 mpg.

The best my 2.8 td manual Shogun will do is 32 mpg 22 23 around town.

I am just getting old and like my creature comforts. leather trim. cruise control. good heater.

And a pre production chassis. Astonishing.

I put 110 because thats what most people know and relate to.

Maybe i should have just put LWB.

It was a very unusual land rover its wheel base was 112".

There were lots of one off things on it.

And a odd front end but stamped with Land Rover part numbers.

Maybe i should have sold it to Dunsfold Land Rover Museum.

Sorry I didn`t expect any sad nit picking Land Rover experts on here.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

Well well I have went and done the same, put a deposit down on one on the 8th at a garage near the Bushwear shop, only went to buy a few bits aswell, should have kept driving by.

Hope to get it this Saturday, delays because of the V5 was returned cause the car was on a cherished plate. I am picking up a 56 Plate Xtrail Columbia, Amazon Green, quite a nice rare colour. 57k miles and one lady owner that bought another new one.

Been reading the Xtrail forum and getting worried as all they talk about are broken bits, decided to stop looking at the forum as it is ruining the car buy.

My houskeeper does have a Vougue she lets me use but not too economical with derv on long shoots.

Will have top get used to a not having a few things in the car that my SAAB has, 1st I think of is a mp3 jack ? Even the 05 plate Range Rover with everything does not have a jack.