homemade nightvision evo,s

evo

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cracking set up bob,if i didnt have the photon i would have had one off you like a shot,hows the torches coming along mate

atb dave

hi dave, the torches have come on leaps and bounds, just waiting on a batch of pills to turn up to carry on building them,as usual they have been sent but as usual I,m still waiting lol

cheers Evo

popped out this evening for the first time in the field with the night vision evo built for me, its on my HMR and shot 5 for 5, furthest was 105 yards,

well impressed, just need to get some kind of adaptor now to try in on my bsa r10 which has a different type of scope

a big public thanks bob lol

popped out this evening for the first time in the field with the night vision evo built for me, its on my HMR and shot 5 for 5, furthest was 105 yards,

well impressed, just need to get some kind of adaptor now to try in on my bsa r10 which has a different type of scope

a big public thanks bob lol

good shooting mate :good: and what price are evo's N.V and you got any pic's of your N.V?

20130911_124141_zps454d52a2.jpg

this is my set courtesy of Evo, I have other pics with dead rabbits in it but not sure if I can post them here, and I guess we all know what dead rabbits look like anyway.

shot another 3 last night before the mist descended and all were shot at over 100 paces with hmr.

just need to find a way to connect it to my slightly larger scope on my R10 for the permissions I have that are not suitable for the hmr.

this is my first foray into night vision and at the prices of the shop bought set ups cost I would not have been able to get one, Evo is a top bloke and I look forward to hearing what advances he makes in the future as he always seems to be tinkering with them.

hi guys here is a picture of the Evo20, as you can see all wires have been shortened and also the rechargeable battery pack is now attached to the rear of the camera housing,

evolution20kitonandoffrifle012_zps51eaef

and here is a video I took tonight using the kit on my permission on the Wirral,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJ46r7vAhk&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by evo

is the Board Camera any good ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/700TVL-1-3-SONY-Super-HAD-CCD-II-Color-Camera-Board-NTSC-3-6-6mm-Lens-Effio-E-C-/370804419629?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item5655aa6c2d

Possibly, I'm still working on it but it looks promising.

The screenshot was directly into bright sunlight.

how you getting on with the 700tv cam mate

Edited by ant.mass

Had a lot of trouble getting the ir filter off, thought I'd damaged the lens but got away with it, the difference at night is fantastic.

I've got a 6-100 varifocal lens for it so now I can zoom in on targets.

Just need to get it zero'ed and its good to go!

Right I'm going to give this a whirl shortly and after having a read I've got a couple of starter questions reagrding kit.

The linked video regarding mounting screen to scope is private, how is this achieved - is there a possible link to correct ebay item please?

Also is this the camera everyone is raving about? http://www.sure24.co.uk/kpc-ej230puwx-12b-bullet-cam-12mm-1-3-colour-700tvl-12v

And regarding a 16mm lens to fill out screen, would this attach to the above camera? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-Security-Camera-16mm-Focus-Length-IR-Board-Lens-/290930405713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43bccdb151

As for fitting camera to scope I guess that a case of buying the listed grommits and tubing and having a go.

Are they easy to focus?

Sorry for all the n00bie questions but I'd like to try and get this right first time.

And thanks for any help in advance!!!

Edit - Just seen a post explaining that the lens can be changed on the above camera, would the lens I linked to fit?

Edited by Muddy Funker

Hi all, following this thread from the beginning there is no mention or explanation(unless i missed it) of how eye relief is achieved when attatching the camera behind the scope, or does it but straight up against the scope. Can someone shine some light on it for me pls?

Im just trying to get the concept right before i start off on the wrong foot, thanks in advance.

Muddy Funker, thats the camera but you will have to removebthe IR filter, if you check out Rolaids youtube review, he shows you how to do this plus what setting to put the camera on, This cam is slightly wider than the 190 so you will need a 32 Cable gland.Once the cam is set up you never have to touch it.Rolaid also shows you how to set the eye releif.

Autoperformance online for the tubing check them on ebay

Merlin sales for the 32mm cable gland of ebay

Cheesepeas

Thats the hardest part mate you have to do it free hand by moving the cam away from the eyepiece till you have a clear picture and then just play with the lense on the camera till the cross hairs snd mili dots become clear.Once you get the position just insert in tube till it becomes clear(cross hairs that is) and the tighten up the gland.I put a mark on the cam so I know how far to shove it in the tube. I have 2 tubes as my scopes have diff eye peice diams, so the camera has to marks on the barrel so I shove it to either mark dep on the gun I am using.

Honestly evo has put so much work into this it has made everybodys builds realy easy because he has done all the ground work.If I hadnt of read this thread I would of wasted loads of money.The set up I have is purley brilliant, I had a lad out with me the other week and he couldnt stop laughing.I think it blew his socks of taking 17 rabbits in 1 field in under 8 minutes.

Edited by Davyo

Thanks Davyo, i know Evo's efforts havn't gon un-noticed, i dont know where he finds the time to be honest, just imputting all the info on here must take an age nevermind all the trial and error tinkering hes up to.

Hats off to the man for sharing his findings, certainly saved an awfull amount of time and money for the likes of us brain pickers!!