Classics?

shakari

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mates who are really into it, and thanks to them I have had the joy and privilege of driving / riding a few, but only really like them for that, not into the whole rivet/screw counting thing personally.

Edited by Bloke

Gordon

It was but the lightning always looked cluttered to me or perhaps the shadow just looked cleaner. Both are lovely though.

I saw pics/drawings of the Egli but nothing more I'm afraid.

Another of my favourites was the BSA 650 Rocket Gold Star. I owned one back in the 70s and have regretted selling it from the day I watched the guy riding it away. :(

Mind you, it was a burger to ride in traffic because it had the IoM RRT2 gearbox and you had to slip the clutch up to about 30 mph! LOL

Edited by shakari

1985 defender and 1986 golf. Do they count?!

I guess they do. The generally accepted criteria is if it's over 25 years old, it's a classic.

My own is 30 years old and to cut a long story short is now about to become exempt from road tax and insurance is E45 a year........ that's for a 5.9 litre V8.

I haven't lived in the UK for donkey's years but don't they have some kind of rule that if it's over a certain age, you don't pay tax on it?

Is it called something like SOAN or SOAM or something?

Edited by shakari

1961 AJS mod 20,1965 BSA A65 lightening, 1981 Harley Davidson ironhead,1994 defender 90 if it counts,just sold a 1955 F250 ford pick up

I guess they do. The generally accepted criteria is if it's over 25 years old, it's a classic.

My own is 30 years old and to cut a long story short is now about to become exempt from road tax and insurance is E45 a year........ that's for a 5.9 litre V8.

I haven't lived in the UK for donkey's years but don't they have some kind of rule that if it's over a certain age, you don't pay tax on it?

Is it called something like SOAN or SOAM or something?

If it was registered before 1973 its tax exempt

I've got a 1979 series 3 Land Rover pickup, not the run of the mill 2 1/4L engine, it's got the 2.6L straight six petrol lump in it, sounds lovely :-) And apart from the paint work currently being the highly sought after brush effect in NATO green the vehicle is completely standard.

At my wife's request it was our wedding car too!

Heres the F250 sold it about 3 weeks ago,try and get pics of the AJS and lightning over the next couple of weeks,the AJS is original and being got ready for sale I have owned this over 20 years and the lightening wants restoring I have boxes of new genuine parts for it

Edited by barney 66

Barney

I have a long term hankering for one of those stepside trucks and would be inclined to stick a good (possibly diesel) V8 with 4x4 drive train in it.

I spend 4 years looking for one when I lived in South Africa but couldn't find one and am now looking for one here in Portugal.

Wish I'd known you were selling that one....... I'd probably have even be prepared to go through the import hassles to get a good 'un.

Edited by shakari

I personally prefer the Shadow to the Lightning but used to know a guy who owned a VBL & once had the pleasure of sitting on it........ he wouldn't let me ride it though. LOL

Have to say my first choice would be a Brough Superior! :)

Good news I know of a ss1 for sale.......... problem is they want £180,000 for it !!!!!!