Classics?

shakari

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had many Series 2 Landy's. The one in the bottom left corner was one that I restored a few years ago

8af7cd98d132f2ac44a5f00401433161.jpg

I also have a Royal Enfield Continental GT that is currently in bits, awaiting restoration.

My father has a Daimler Light 15, 1933, he is the second owner and 40k miles from new. Also a Daimler Dart, Alfa Romeo 6C drop head, BSA Boat tail three wheeler and a RR Phantom 3 Sedanca De Ville.

Edited by jgguinness

Good news I know of a ss1 for sale.......... problem is they want £180,000 for it !!!!!!

Prices are going up by the week so I guess classic vehicles are a better investment than money in the bank........ I sold a Squariel a few years ago for someone and 12 moths later, the same machine sold for 2 1/2 times what I'd sold it for.

I've posted this before but as we're not seeing many pics. Here's my baby here in Portugal!

AAAAA1009.jpg

When she was in South Africa - Note I had to change the exhausts when she arrived in her new home here...... but I'm working on trying to find a way to have them refitted without breaking the noise laws:

0242.jpg

A Shadow that a friend of mine sold in RSA a few years ago

1951-vincent-black-shadow.jpg

Edited by shakari

My first car was a mk4 cortina,paid £100 for it.

I was 17 and my mum insured it,2 litre automatic.

Then when i past my test i bought a 79 v plate opal kadatte coupe.

Painted it red with a white bonnet and roof stripe.

About 16 yrs ago i bought for £50 a mk2 ford Granada,2.8 auto.

Amazing car , all electrics.only got rid when my son was born as it had no

Back seat belts for the baby seat.

Was looking at a dolamite sprint, saw it for sale on the way home from work.

I have a mk4 Sunbeam Alpine 1965, I have had it for about 20 years. When I got it it was my every day car, then a weekend car when I had a company car then wife and kids meant I never used it. I put it away one year at my parents place and did not move it until I moved to Cornwall. It has now been sat in a barn at my place for many years. I have been looking for someone to restore it for me down here but as yet not found anyone.

currently in bits in garage, cant wait for the parts to arrive tomorrow, so i can be having my way with the second love of my life. :lol:

I've just finished putting the rockers and injectors back in, few more tweaks and i can start it back up again. I think this car is what keeps me single :lol:

Not really into classics myself, but I have rebuilt a few for friends and family. Here are a few pictures of the last 2 which I rebuilt a mini and a triumph spitfire. The mini was quite an easy restoration just a few new pannels and the rest was mainly body work. The triumph on the other hand required quite an extensive rebuild including new front cross member /chassis legs, inner/outer sills, rear valance, door skins, rear quarter repair pannels, battery tray, scuttle pannel just to name a few. Alot of the time went into the body work as I had to take it back to bare metal as the previous owner decided to brush paint it which took some getting off. I also had to replace the engine repair the gearbox and most of the interior.

PB062607_zpse595b94e.jpgPB062603_zpsdb0c15e1.jpgPC052626_zpsf1a89428.jpgPC052629_zpsa5ed2c13.jpgP2222703_zps4fc4144b.jpgP2222714_zpsa463b370.jpgP3312744_zps0b1a25aa.jpgP4123211_zpse705c991.jpgP4123205_zpscda1d6a1.jpgP4183233_zpsacb32282.jpgP5243285_zps15e3327a.jpgP5243282_zps7d6a8ab1.jpgP5243284_zps8678b42a.jpgP5243281_zps2f639537.jpg

The finished pictures are on my other camera so I will add them when I dig them out.

that lift makes life easier

Yea the lift makes life alot easier whilst doing bodwork, saves the old back.

Love the mini, i have a picture somewere of me in my blue clubman.blue outside and brg on the inside.

This was done for my niece, not bad for a first car.

I had 3 sold them a few years back when i got into shooting just didnt have the time for them anymore

MK1 Zodiac

MK1 Cortina

Citreon Traction Avant (bought it from a limo hire company)

Citreon was a lovely car 3 forward gears crash box

post-24784-0-05623700-1364140156_thumb.jpg

post-24784-0-04529800-1364140171_thumb.jpg

post-24784-0-30512100-1364140177_thumb.jpg

Edited by castletyne

always had a soft spot for vw siroccos, i've had a few in various states. also had a plymouth barracuda for all of 3 weeks, nice looking but a sod to drive on country roads, i managed to p/ex it back with the dealer for something else. also had several bikes, the best was my zed thou, the oddest was an ex police r75. luckily enough my middle daughter has just started dating a petrol head who's current project is a '68 camaro :good:

hats off to all you guys who keep them going, it's good to see some real cars still around.