PW NvS Charity Shoot 2013!

Teal

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at the minute its 34 which is roughly half of what we normally get :no:

yet as mentioned 50 people voted for the destination?

:shaun:

a lot of the original clay shooters don't come on the site now :no: even the banter seems to have stopped + the recession is biting hard at the moment :/

a lot of the original clay shooters don't come on the site now :no: even the banter seems to have stopped + the recession is biting hard at the moment :/

I know, and some of them are a miss....

but you would think if 50 people voted for a venue then at least 50 would turn up

Of course some of them voted for the other venue/date as they couldnt make the winning one

I will shut up now as I am answering my own question..... :blush:

For every person that doesn't visit the site , at least ten new members join, so there is no shortage of registered members.

I agree that people are watching their expenditure and with the travelling involved its not a cheap day out.

We just hope that people see it as a once a year event, a chance to have some good shooting and fun with friends, all in aid of a good charity, plus the chance to win some excellent raffle prizes.

It would be a shame if we have to drop these events for lack of interest.

I know, and some of them are a miss....

but you would think if 50 people voted for a venue then at least 50 would turn up

Of course some of them voted for the other venue/date as they couldnt make the winning one

I will shut up now as I am answering my own question..... :blush:

I will be honest here i voted for the venue but works not the best at the minute , for me and the 15year old lad to shoot (i never shoot without him) would cost me after entrance fees ,shells ,diesel , food and raffle tickets a grand total of approx £230.00

I usually donate a days pheasant shooting to the raffle but with work how it is this year im not sure if i will be joining again this year and don't like to give a prize away i cannot be sure of !

On a side note you would think the ground would offer a discount for juniors ?

Regards Rob

For every person that doesn't visit the site , at least ten new members join, so there is no shortage of registered members.

I agree that people are watching their expenditure and with the travelling involved its not a cheap day out.

We just hope that people see it as a once a year event, a chance to have some good shooting and fun with friends, all in aid of a good charity, plus the chance to win some excellent raffle prizes.

It would be a shame if we have to drop these events for lack of interest.

I agree :yes: so you going this year then as if im right you haven't made a shoot to date :P

I will be honest here i voted for the venue but works not the best at the minute , for me and the 15year old lad to shoot (i never shoot without him) would cost me after entrance fees ,shells ,diesel , food and raffle tickets a grand total of approx £230.00

I usually donate a days pheasant shooting to the raffle but with work how it is this year im not sure if i will be joining again this year and don't like to give a prize away i cannot be sure of !

On a side note you would think the ground would offer a discount for juniors ?

Regards Rob

Stick your gammy hand in your deep pockets and join in :P you can always send Jay up the chimneys :lol::lol::lol: we will be passing within a few miles of you if you want a lift :good:

Jay can run behind, might give me a slight chance of beating him :blush::lol::lol: :lol:

Edited by shoot and be safe

I agree :yes: so you going this year then as if im right you haven't made a shoot to date :P

You are quite right, I am not a clay shooter, so haven't been before, just been happy to give raffle prizes and donate to the Charity.

This year I am just making the 7 hour round trip to boost the numbers and make myself available for disparaging comments on my ability to hit loopers and batteau's (or should that be batteaux ?).

Shame I won't see you there . :):P

Lets have one last big push to get people (especially Northern people) to sign up for this years' N v S shoot.

I have to admit I'm at a loss as to why the numbers are down so much this year, well so far this year anyway! I realise that times are tough but I don't think that is the only reason tbh. The clay shooting section is not as popular as it was a couple of years ago, a couple of more clay specific forums have sprung up and I think that has taken a few away. PW has returned to it's roots so to speak, it's primarily a pigeon and rough shooters forum again.

The thing now though is that the "occasional" clay shooter should feel more at home on the 1st June, no great pressure, a time for a chat and a brew, plenty of the b word especially if you stay over on the Friday night!!!

What we must never forget is that this is a CHARITY shoot, not only do you get to enjoy yourself you are making a lot of money for a very very worthwhile cause.

So come on sign up, you will have a brilliant day, you might well go home with a great raffle prize and in this peculiar world of ours you'll almost certainly go home smiling.

Mr Potter

PS. I've got the trophy back from Chard, polished like a lighthouse beacon I might add. Lets make sure it stays this side of the Watford Gap.

We've had a bit of an idea to increase uptake to the North v South Charity Shoot. All sign-ups to the Shoot will get £15 worth of Raffle Tickets included with their registration (ie one raffle ticket for each of the £15 of the entry fee which goes to Orchid Cancer). There are some fantastic prizes on offer, including a Remington Shotgun, Holiday in Cornwall, Walked-up Grouse Shooting, Pigeon Rotary, Guided Pigeon Shooting, Numerous Beverages, Slabs of Cartridges a Lee Loadall and many many more see the full list so far here: http://wherestheclayground.at/pwcharityshoot/raffle.html . Extra tickets will of course be available as per usual, but this means that everyone shooting has a chance at winning some excellent prizes :yes:

Just been speaking with Grange Farm and they are looking forward to the day and everything is in place for a brilliant day -so get signed up :good: PM me or email admin@pigeonwatch.co.uk for details of cheque / bank transfer - or see the PayPal button in the first post :good:

To bump the numbers up for the north ' could get the wife to shoot but she is worried she might end up in a different squad.

Any chance she could be in the same squad as me ?

I am sure that wouldn't be a problem Brian - drop Teal a PM