Honda crv 2

proTOM1

No sure which is the 2 but I have a late 2007 model (the shape which has just been slightly updated).

Great car. 2.0 petrol gives me 38mpg commuting into town and more on a run, drives like a car but is easily capable enough on wet grass / mud / snow etc which is all I need it for. 100% reliable and apart from the huge windscreen chip I acquired yesterday nothing has gone wrong in 60K miles.

My brother has a 57 plate CRV he has had it about 2 years. It might just be that his is a Friday afternoon car but it has been in the garage more than any car i have known. For that reason and maybe unfair but i would not have one. My brother really likes it and thats why he has kept it for a couple of years, but he would not buy another one.

It is very comfy, tows well and has plenty of extras. Its just the reliability (of my brothers) that puts me off.

The 1 im looking at is the older style its a w reg plate but in very good nick only done 72,000 miles .having to change from the my old jimny as smashed it .

thanks guys keep the views coming

It's the insurance groups that put me off. The Freelander and Frontera are way down the insurance group tables.

My Stepmum has one and has been a very reliable car for the last 3 years she has had it, similar age to the one your looking and similar mileage when she originally got it. She drives to work daily in it and had no complaints. She has the 2.0 petrol and it goes quite well fuel economy is mid to low 30s. Not sure what its like off road but i dont think she has been stuck at any of the wet and muddy steam rallies we had last year.

when I was car shopping 6 months ago the CRV was at the top of my list. I would have one anyday if I needed a daily driver. Back in the US I had the Pilot which is the big brother to the CRV and family and friends have CRV's (some are on their second or third now). Very good amount of space in the boot and cab, good reliability and economy for an SUV. Not an off road machine, but you can go through soft fields and lightly mucky conditions if you have the tires for it.

thanks,

rick

i got a 55 plate one and love it.....refuses to do less than 38mpg around town plenty of room for dog box in back and a tonne of stuff and copes well on grass snow and rubbish lanes

I've had a look through Autotrader and depending on shape and age they're said to do between 28-31 mpg on the combined cycle and as we all know the manufacturer figures are always way too optimistic, so how are so many managing to get 38 mpg ?

I've had a look through Autotrader and depending on shape and age they're said to do between 28-31 mpg on the combined cycle and as we all know the manufacturer figures are always way too optimistic, so how are so many managing to get 38 mpg ?

Well my 2007 does 38mpg so I know it's do-able...

I've had a mark 1 automatic for the last 8 years. Great motor provided you don't expect too much off road. In 8 years I've replaced 4 tyres, a battery, two sections of exhaust twice and a couple of suspension bushes. I've never had to top up the oil between annual services. Only downside is the fuel consumption, mine averages 27/28 mpg and I can't recall ever getting 30 mpg, even on a run.

Ian