Channel 4 - Skint

ME

I agree with your last post Henryd

Thats why the cycle needs stopping NOW, lets not blame this on the schools ,peer pressure and the media etc etc blah blah blah. I was brought up on one of the roughest housing estates in Manchester, went to a **** school and lived among scum, the difference being that my Mother and father taught me right from wrong and if you want to get on in life YOU HAVE TO GET EDUCATED AND WORK. After both my mam and dad had paid for us lot ,rent and bills etc they had a tenner a week left which they didnt spend on booze or drugs. I got an appretaship and moved up the carrer ladder to where I am today because I saw what was going on around me when I was younger

The mother and father is key , Drastic measures are needed now to install these values in the new scrounger generations,

ATB

Flynny

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with your last post Henryd

Thats why the cycle needs stopping NOW, lets not blame this on the schools ,peer pressure and the media etc etc blah blah blah. I was brought up on one of the roughest housing estates in Manchester, went to a **** school and lived among scum, the difference being that my Mother and father taught me right from wrong and if you want to get on in life YOU HAVE TO GET EDUCATED AND WORK. After both my mam and dad had paid for us lot ,rent and bills etc they had a tenner a week left which they didnt spend on booze or drugs. I got an appretaship and moved up the carrer ladder to where I am today because I saw what was going on around me when I was younger

The mother and father is key , Drastic measures are needed now to install these values in the new scrounger generations,

ATB

Flynny

And there Flynny is the problem,most don't know their fathers,and their mothers are busy with their lifestyle to worry about a kid.

So Henry what should we do about the problem? Sure they are not all like it and some have had a rubbish life. But they still no what is right and wrong, the problem keeps getting brushed under the table the trouble with that is they keep having more kids as more kids means more money. Then those kids have kids and the whole thing gets worse.

The fact is if people want work it's out there you just have to get out there. Trouble is they get to much money for not working. I agree if you don't have kids it's harder as you won't get as much money, but these houses are full of luxuries.

I clear £1800/m after tax and ni for a fifty hour week. So it's not like iam raking it in but a least I've earnt it not like these lazy ****

One thing I would start with is child benefit would be paid for the first 2 children only

so any further children would starve?

sounds harsh but the British public aren't up for letting the poor get poorer and the homeless figures to go through the roof. The problem is complex and far from easy to sort out, look at all the fuss about taxing people for living in council houses with a spare bedroom. At the moment if you keep reproducing while being funded by the state they will keep on giving you a bigger house, increase the money you have coming in and make life cushdy, however stop that and suddenly the papers all read the state is trying to dictate how many children you have. In reality if you pay your own way you have to live to your means and the space you have available as no one buys you a bigger house. Its all totally unaffordable at the moment but there is no will power to stop it dead and there needs to be a way found to wean people off benefits.

When they make it financial worthwhile to go to work instead of sitting at home

the only way of doing that is to reduce the ability to stay at home with the associated pain that goes with it. What party is going to be the one that makes large numbers homeless and puts beggars on the streets

castletyne, on 22 May 2013 - 2:33 PM, said:

One thing I would start with is child benefit would be paid for the first 2 children only

Sod that you must have a coil fitted while on benefits thats the option or no benefits, if they want benefits off the government they must sign up to the governments policies as they should be the law, most of us planned our kids ie had them when we could afford them,

HARSH TIMES CALL FOR HARSH MEASURES, " SORRY LOVE BUT YOU CANT HAVE BENEFITS UNLESS YOU HAVE A COIL FITTED" "thats the systems procedure , please sign here" Why should the government/tax payer pay for your kids , if you want a free house etc sign here please but thats the way it is, as its you who want owt for nowt ,so thats the law take it or live on the streets, or GET A JOB!!!!!

THE HEAD NEEDS CUTTING OFF ON THIS NONSENSE NOW!!!!!! IF YOU ARE FIT TO WORK, THEN YOU HAVE TO WORK and pay for everything just like most of us do,

Sacrifices need to be made and if that interferes with the scroungers human right then so be it, Sod human rights if the scroungers(and not the legit claimants)want free welfare make them sign up to the terms and condition of getting it, and make them really harsh. it will make them see that there is no free ride,

ATB

Flynny

Flynny

Edited by flynny

the only way of doing that is to reduce the ability to stay at home with the associated pain that goes with it. What party is going to be the one that makes large numbers homeless and puts beggars on the streets

Non so like most things in this country we will just have to learn to live with it

Unless some chemist on the qt bring out a strain of weed that makes charvas shoot blanks

al4x, on 22 May 2013 - 3:11 PM, said:

Harsh measures are needed mate, I'd vote for them , to abolish this culture sacrifices need to be made!!!!!! The tree huggers would be up in arms but the very same people would look back in 30 years time and thank the government for doing it " thank god that xxxx government sorted out that srounger state problem years ago" " THEY DID THE RIGHT THING REALLY"

The same goes for immigration , make it really hard like Australia etc

We are all sick of it , there should be no free ride

ATB

Flynny

Edited by flynny

that is my missus's largest bug bear in her job as a housing officer, her customers have no concept of breeding to their finances they just turn up as soon as they are pregnant demanding a bigger house. I couldn't do her job I'd upset people :)

Spot on Henry, you can all act higher and mightier than those wretches on the program in question but wake up and find yourself walking in their shoes one day as a youngster with non of the privilege and advantages that most of us enjoy compared to those on the fringes, then talk. Nothing is ever quite as black and white as you think.

which is exactly why I wont catagorise, sure a hell of a lot are scumbags, but try to understand not all are there through choice, take away the benefit from those who simply play the system and you take it off those who have genuine need,I also wonder how many on here who slag those on benefit are actually in receipt of tax credits? IE on benefit themselves :hmm:

KW

Edited by kdubya

which is exactly why I wont catagorise, sure a hell of a lot are scumbags, but try to understand not all are there through choice, take away the benefit from those who simply play the system and you take it off those who have genuine need,I also wonder how many on here who slag those on benefit are actually in receipt of tax credits? IE on benefit themselves :hmm:

KW

Good points from both you and Henry, there are the genuine cases but why oh why must they breed like it's going out of fashion?

so any further children would starve?

sounds harsh but the British public aren't up for letting the poor get poorer and the homeless figures to go through the roof. The problem is complex and far from easy to sort out, look at all the fuss about taxing people for living in council houses with a spare bedroom. At the moment if you keep reproducing while being funded by the state they will keep on giving you a bigger house, increase the money you have coming in and make life cushdy, however stop that and suddenly the papers all read the state is trying to dictate how many children you have. In reality if you pay your own way you have to live to your means and the space you have available as no one buys you a bigger house. Its all totally unaffordable at the moment but there is no will power to stop it dead and there needs to be a way found to wean people off benefits.

well i think that muddling and pretending has been making it worse for years. Stop every benefit tomorrow apart from state pension (if earned) and watch a phoenix arise from the ashes, it will be unbelievable chaos and mayhem at first, probably for a few years, but natural order will prevail after natural justice. Same as what should have happened to the banks.

Sod that you must have a coil fitted while on benefits thats the option or no benefits, if they want benefits off the government they must sign up to the governments policies as they should be the law, most of us planned our kids ie had them when we could afford them,

HARSH TIMES CALL FOR HARSH MEASURES, " SORRY LOVE BUT YOU CANT HAVE BENEFITS UNLESS YOU HAVE A COIL FITTED" "thats the systems procedure , please sign here" Why should the government/tax payer pay for your kids , if you want a free house etc sign here please but thats the way it is, as its you who want owt for nowt ,so thats the law take it or live on the streets, or GET A JOB!!!!!

So it is only women that are to blame!

How about a vasectomy for men on benefit? It`s reversible like the coil. If you lose your job whether it is your fault or not, back on the slab, snip, snip!

Flynny for Fuhrer PM.

KW

I admit we get tax credits but it's when it's not worthwhile SWMBO going to work as would get more on benefits

That's what's need to change

I admit we get tax credits but it's when it's not worthwhile SWMBO going to work as would get more on benefits

That's what's need to change

I know what you mean and that should be changed with immediate effect as it is a poverty trap and leads to benefit over-reliance

My oldests brothers wife's family is like this programme must be like 10 of them and not one of them works or wants to work, but my brother and his wife was awarded some compo from the NHS for their disabled daughter and they go of to Florida every 6 months it would be ok if they was doing it for themselves and the daughter that the money is for but the hangers on from his wifes family and friends go with them and all you see from the photos is them smoking cigars drinking and getting tattoos while the daughter sits in her wheelchair doing nothing.

Stop benefits thats the only answer only support the first 2 children if there had to be benefits.

not a poverty trap at all. I an saying that if SWMBO gave up work tomorrow we would be financially better off due to the benefits system

But not for the first 6 months as the Job centre will blame you for leaving your job so no benefits.

All good points since I last posted. The reason they breed is lack of responsibility. When the state takes over in any society, personal responsibility goes out of the window.

Look at the A & E depts. full of drunks on a weekend. Someone else will pick up the bill and the care..

not a poverty trap at all. I an saying that if SWMBO gave up work tomorrow we would be financially better off due to the benefits system

That is what a poverty trap is, if you work harder/longer/get paid more then the benefits drop and may mean it is not viable for someone to work harder and get less. It is a badly set up system and needs some sort of diminishing scale that allows people to better themselves and not get less than on benefits.