Repeal Handgun ban - Please Vote , takes one click!

If political polls can be conducted across 2000 voters to give what is accepted as a fair indication then I think this is a pretty good result.

Not really the same, there is a science and methodology behind sampling statistics including who votes. This isn't anything like it.

I was one of an estimated 1 million people to descend on London to protest against the Iraq war. Literally nothing changed.

I'm not a defeatist, I feel for folks who miss their handgun sport and yes I'll sign the petition because I always do but if the British handgun ban is repealed in the next ten years, I'll organise a pigeonwatch celebration where I eat my own collection of hats and any other headwear you care to bring. It'll be shortly after the government coup.

Your more realistic options are to make do with holidaying on the continent or channel islands etc,. and get used to shooting pistols a couple of times a year or emigrate. Personally, I went and got US residency and know that when I go "home" later in the year to a culture where my neighbours don't call the police because I'm cleaning my own shotgun in my own back garden, my pistols will be there waiting... Life is short mate, chose your battles wisely.

It might pay to try and get the main quote changed on the petition site too, which reads; ""After all, why should only criminals be 'allowed' to possess guns and shoot unarmed, defenceless citizens and police officers?"

I don't think many sensible people will put their name to a petition to allow more people to shoot unarmed, defenceless citizens and police officers.

Edited by sterling