British Lions Tour 2013

bullet boy

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Try to find a weak point that can't be fixed by the bench. They still lack a strong pack leader though.

I'm still shocked by the BOD omission but I can see what he's trying to do, especially with Tuilagi on the bench. I just hope it doesn't backfire.

Incidentally, the first minister's reaction to the BOD omission was number 1 item on the NI news! Our wee country has come a long, long way!

Edited by Big Al

This seems to be a bit of an ego trip for Gatland tbh Leaving BOD out is an act of lunacy, still it'll help keep the welsh count up. 2-1 Aussies I'm afraid. Not sure who I'd like to see as next Lions coach but I def dont want another spell of Gatland !

Can't believe the BOD decision, although I know he's only one man. As said on the radio here today if BOD is a yard behind in speed he's 5 yards ahead in his mind.

A great player, who sadly is coming to the end of his career and seems to have been denied his chance to go out in a 'blaze of glory'

I think his experience and hard tackling would have been a great asset on Saturday.

Remember the chants of 'Waltzing O'Driscoll' 12 years ago :)

Hope they pull something out of the hat and do the business on Saturday :yahoo:

Rich

Can't believe the BOD decision, although I know he's only one man. As said on the radio here today if BOD is a yard behind in speed he's 5 yards ahead in his mind.

A great player, who sadly is coming to the end of his career and seems to have been denied his chance to go out in a 'blaze of glory'

I think his experience and hard tackling would have been a great asset on Saturday.

Remember the chants of 'Waltzing O'Driscoll' 12 years ago :)

Hope they pull something out of the hat and do the business on Saturday :yahoo:

Rich

I Agree. Gatland has really given O'Driscoll the middle finger by not putting him on the bench. BOD is like an extra No. 7 on the pitch.

What an inglorious end to his Lions career.

I Agree. Gatland has really given O'Driscoll the middle finger by not putting him on the bench. BOD is like an extra No. 7 on the pitch.

Captained Ireland over 80 times, I think he was Gatlands man for taking control on Saturday and he doesn't even make the team??

Gutted for him, pity 2015 world cup is too far for him

A real shame for a great player, I believe he deserves better after his performance on this tour.

I think Gatland has made some big errors in this line up. I really hope it works and we win but I have my concerns. The worst thing is watching it in the pub and one of my mates is an Aussie who will not shut up if we lose.

Very strange decision indeed, O'Driscoll will be missed.

Let's keep the faith lads.

"There are no Welsh, Irish, Scottish or English Lions. There are just Lions!" - Willie John Mcbride

Good advice.

Mind you, I just watched BBC NI news who interviewed a pretty pi#*ed off Willie John McBride about the O'Driscoll issue.

If Gatland is planning an Irish holiday any time soon, he could hear a '99' call as soon as he steps off the plane!

Not a happy bunny...

I can't see this side winning. It's an Amir Khan of a rugby team. There's got a lot of exciting attacking stuff going on there, but absolutely NO CHIN. It's going to be a heavy hitting crunching game in the middle, and I'm not sure this side can hack it. Manu only on the bench? Phillips at scrum half again? an internationally inexperienced captain? aside from no BOD, it's a lightweight team going into a fight with a heavyweight

Wish I was an Aussie, so I could get excited about this Lions squad...

(EDIT: actually, I don't wish I was an aussie, especially in an Ashes summer, but even so...)

Edited by chrisjpainter

Very strange decision indeed, O'Driscoll will be missed.

Let's keep the faith lads.

"There are no Welsh, Irish, Scottish or English Lions. There are just Lions!" - Willie John Mcbride

Great quote but there are a lot of lions with a Welsh accent in the starting line up.

Well we cant deny Gatland has got some balls, dropping BOD was one hell of a descion! Right i've got a couple of ex professional rugby players living near me. Two have stated that this is the best Lions side selected all tour. They know far more about rugby at this level than i do! Still think BOD should of been in the 23.

Tour hasn't really ignited us here really compared to others its been pretty flat!

Roll on Saturday morning lets get this one over and done with me thinks!

Cheers

Aled

Well we cant deny Gatland has got some balls, dropping BOD was one hell of a descion! Right i've got a couple of ex professional rugby players living near me. Two have stated that this is the best Lions side selected all tour. They know far more about rugby at this level than i do! Still think BOD should of been in the 23.

Tour hasn't really ignited us here really compared to others its been pretty flat!

Roll on Saturday morning lets get this one over and done with me thinks!

Cheers

Aled

I have to agree. I'm interested to see how this pans out. But all this experimentation should have been done in warm up games. Not a third test decider.

Come on the Lions!

Once again heres hoping we win but Gatland has made a bellend of a job on this tour and it seems to be down there with Woodwards reign in terms of inspiration.Some of his decisions have been unbelievable and im sure,withoot being bias that if Geeks had this squad the series would have been in the bag already.

War Lions.