Sx3

craig 123

Bro loves his. I've got the maxus but its pretty similar. SX3 tends not to cycle the cartridges less than 70mm and,(providing the correct cartridge kength) the only time it doesn't cycle is when he hasn't cleaned it enough

my sx3 will cycle anything( inc 65mm)

andrew

not a huge ammount, they are essentially very similar :lol: The maxus has a speed loading feature and is quicker to unload. Plus you have the ability to lock the magazine when the gun is loaded and change the shell in the chamber,(eg a quick swap of a no.6 to a no. 3) without emptying the whole gun.

But it is more expensive and when I use the bro's SX3 there's nothing in it.

Its the composite Matt, it has a silver barrel and action

I looked at the maxus and spoke to some owners, overall they were impressed but said the stock felt hollow and the fore end didn't feel very solid. I suppose its nit picking but i like my guns to feel solid, especially for the foreshore. Plus the price swayed it also.

All SX3's have protective rust preventative coatings as far as I'm aware. You shouldn't leave any gun wet anyway, regardless of what it is or what special coating it has. The common sense approach is to dry them off, clean then lubricate as necessary. If you want a gun to rust on it's own then throw it in the cabinet when you're done without drying it off.