Which Oil for semi auto

Cosd

Recenetly my Benelli Semi Auto started jamming and the action felt gritty and tight.

I stripped the gun down cleaning all the components and it felt like a different gun.

That was just about 3 outings ago and again yesterday the action felt tight and it failed to eject around half a dozen times.

What oil should I be using as a lube to keep the action free flowing? Prior to the first time this happened the gun never jammed once in over 3 years, so I think I've stripped out whatever lubrication was there when I cleaned it.

Cos

quite probably as little as possible, my auto gets cleaned with vp90 cleaner but that is it, most lubricants cause dust to stick and cause your problem at this time of year

That's exactly what I did after reading a few posts here, but it hasn't lasted which is why I'm thinking it needs some lubricant/lube.....

i've put 5w30 oil on my remington 1187 and hatsan mag tube/piston and a light coating on the internals. Also used PTFE spray which is good inside the receiver. luckily spotted some Blue Works spray made by WD40 in a cheap shop, they do PTFE, white lithium grease and silicone spray. All work pretty well and there only £1.99 for a 400Ml can

I've used froglube on my 10/22 and marlin 1894....impressed haven't got round to trying it my franchi semi auto yet.

Did you heat your parts before application or just put it straight on?

I got mine for my CZ452 bolt as it was a bit sticky from new and I was impressed - so much so I put it on my S/A 12g and not had a single jam since, but the added benefit is cleaning in now easier as it seems to stop carbon from sticking.

Its expensive stuff but bloody good.

Yeah heated the parts after a really good clean just a blast with the hairdyer.I've probably put 500 or so rounds through the 10/22 since doing it and i'd say it's way cleaner than usual.Haven't had it on the marlin long and had to put a little liquid froglube as well as the paste,probably due to the number of moving parts going in all directions.

Yea I heated mine before applying too .... noticed that when the parts get hot from shooting the stuff seems to leech out of the parts and sort of self lubricate.

I had no end of problems with my S/A jamming on 21gr shells (too light for a semi I know but was all they had at the clay ground at the time) but since froglubing it it cycles them no problems.

Yea I heated mine before applying too .... noticed that when the parts get hot from shooting the stuff seems to leech out of the parts and sort of self lubricate.

I had no end of problems with my S/A jamming on 21gr shells (too light for a semi I know but was all they had at the clay ground at the time) but since froglubing it it cycles them no problems.

Mine won't cycle hull compx 28grs,might give them another go when i've frogged it.