road rage

sambo

no honestly it wasnt me. i was driving back from barmouth today over took a car and car came round the corner down the road so put my foot down a bit to get in again at last min then this clown desides to turn round follow me down the road over take me then jump on his brakes i just about stop and the clown get out the car to have a go so i step out the fella goes for me then decides not to speaks a load of welsh to me then says he is going to call the local police and jumps bk in his car? what should i make of this?:blink:

A similar thing happened to me but I didn't stop.

I was sitting at traffic lights waiting to turn right, these ones have a filter but it wasn't working that day. There was a line of cars and they just kept coming then the lights starting changing back to red. At this point the driver behind me in a red 1.6 Vauxhall Astra gets on the horn. I manage to turn right and he followed me (through a red light) tailgating me. I was going at the speed limit of 30mph. He was still on the horn. Making hand gestures at me.

He then over took me and pulled in just managing not to clip my car he then slams the breaks on. I managed not to hit him, he takes off again and pulls into a side street sitting across the junction, when I came up close he pulls out to try and make me crash into him (t-bone style) I miss him again. He then turned round while driving along, making the 'square go, you and me right now' gesture.

He pulls right into a side street and stops for the fight. I just kept driving and left the lunatic to his own devices.

Its not worth stopping. If they are a nutter you wont be able to reason with them anyhow no matter who is at fault. You're likely to come off worse. I didn't bother reporting it to the police cause what are they going to do?

Were you overtaking whilst approaching a bend? (car came round the corner)

Had this many years ago whilst driving a fully laden Bedford 4tonner, unfortunately the overtaking with a bend ahead clown exploded under the bumper and front axle so further remonstration as to his driving technique wasn't possible.

Good job it wasn't a family or innocent motorist he slammed into as he made his last call to the Halfords in the sky!

Copper reckoned the last thing that went through his mind, apart from oh ****, was the dashboard!

I wouldn't worry about it Sambo.

Although your lucky that he didn't have a knife or something, there's alot of nutters out there, I think in those type of instances your better off taking a deep breath, counting to 10, locking your door & driving off.

Hard to do I know but you just never know.

SS

If he reported you, the police are duty bound to pay you a visit, but do not worry as everyone said they will do nothing as they have no evidence, so they will tick you off at the worst.

I have been reported in the past ( i am a driving instruvtor!) for my students driving slow, or someone peed off with us using housing estates, the police come and have a word and a laugh about it! (complete waste of their precious time imo.)

I wouldn't worry, he's the agressive one so you are the victim if anything. You didn't lay him out for being a ****, so that proves you're of good temperment doesn't it. I once had a big lad on a moped stop and have a go at me when I was stopped at trafic lights, said he was going to hit me. I just explained calmly that if he did, him and his 'ped would end up under my landy. He realised that he could end up a lot worse off than me, and was gone before I had time to smile! :blink: These ****** aren't worth the bother.

It was that Kenneth Noye road rage incident that did it for me. You really just don't know how bad a day they have had and potty they might be.

If the police pay you a visit, keep calm and grown up. Provided you don't have any form you will probably be okay. Bet you a tenner that someone like the other fella, with a temper like that has been in bother with the old bill before. His word against yours.

If they do come round just tell them how it was and that you would like to make a statement on how the other driver was using his mobile was driving!!! If they chase it up the time of the call will match the time he said the incident took place. You will stitch him right up. For good measures say he had a bottle of whisky in his hand too. :blink:

Believe you me the plod will do sod all. They are a complete waste of time and tax payers money when it comes down to this sort of thing. Even if the other bloke does report you and "hams it up" a bit they will realise there is no evidence, realise they cannot get any money out of you and if your address isn't on the way to the do-nut shop you won't even get a visit.

IMO you're worrying about nothing BUT if you do get into this type of situation ask yourself this...is it worth losing my SGC/FAC over 'cause that's the likely outcome if you do get busted.

Given the time of year it's also worth considering DRINKING (as if you wouldn't) but it might not be just your driving licence at stake. In fact even without driving if you're found drunk in charge of a SG/FA then kiss your ticket goodbye! Merry Christmas :blink:

sounds to me like that's probably not the first time that clown has done this.

more than likely it's reasonably regular, so i doubt it will go any further.

i do get mild forms of road rage myself, but mine stop at yelling profanities and making hand gestures :blink:

and my favourite bit is when we come up to lights and they turn red so we have to stop. and the idiot in front of me who boiled my blood, gets slowly formed vulgar insults mouthed at them if they look into their rear view mirror. :yahoo: