Meeting other PW members

Pinkella

Don't think any of the members I've met looked like the mental image I had.

The personallities usually come out pretty quickly after meeting them, or is that just me being the shy retiring chap I am :lol:

Not met a bad one yet, all have been good.

Would have loved to have met more at the North v South shoot but had to turn round and go home due to last minute changes with work.

Only one I know that looks like the image is Nick Beardo as his Avatar is him in cartoon, never met yet though.

Justt think big really good looking fella with a charming witty personality. True cos my mam said :yes::lol: :lol:

Figgy

Im so sorry mate i didn't know your mum was blind :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha Hawkeye.

She also told me i'm speshull, not like all the other boys :lol:

Your mam must have told you the same.

My forum name comes from being called big fella on site and a bit of a numpty calling me figgy bella, the lad I was working with was with me when thinking of a forum name and didn't think I'd use it. Fool him or me I still can't decide.

So how'd you get Hawkeye.

Ill ask Kdubya if you dont tell. :lol: :lol: as he would only tell me the truth,honest guvnor.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Ha ha Hawkeye.

She also told me i'm speshull, not like all the other boys :lol:

Your mam must have told you the same.

My forum name comes from being called big fella on site and a bit of a numpty calling me figgy bella, the lad I was working with was with me when thinking of a forum name and didn't think I'd use it. Fool him or me I still can't decide.

So how'd you get Hawkeye.

Ill ask Kdubya if you dont tell. :lol: :lol: as he would only tell me the truth,honest guvnor.

Figgy

Cause He can spot a bacon buttie at 1000 paces :lol: :lol:

Hitler?

Hell yes Mein Kampf is like a Mills & Boon, no clues whatsoever that he would turn out to be such a naughty boy!

BTW, Ack-Ack is one of the few PW members I've met who is exactly like his online persona. Wisecracking, P-taking, sharp as a razor and just and very, very funny! :yes: I've met loads of others who to a man have been great blokes, but mostly different (in a good way) to how I imagined them to be from their postings on here.

Edited by Blunderbuss

I have met quite a few off here, mainly via Wildfowling. I have mentored and introduced a few to wildfowling on the wash, some have been out pigeon shooting with me too. I have also spoken to a few people on the marsh who have turned out to be members on here. Most have been willing learners and been great company.

Some have even treat me to a breakfast for taking them out on the marsh :lol:

Hell yes Mein Kampf is like a Mills & Boon, no clues whatsoever that he would turn out to be such a naughty boy!

BTW, Ack-Ack is one of the few PW members I've met who is exactly like his online persona. Wisecracking, P-taking, sharp as a razor and just and very, very funny! :yes: I've met loads of others who to a man have been great blokes, but mostly different (in a good way) to how I imagined them to be from their postings on here.

AckAck's avatar is a bit of a giveaway.....

I've met loads of great people from the site. Shooting days are good but people tend to stick to groups they already know and you may see someone you've spoken to may times on the forum but don't actually know the face so you dont get a chance to introduce yourselves properly.

Meets in pubs, Xmas events ect are very good for getting to know members. A favourite of mine are the butchery nights where you get to know people well.

Obviously meeting up and sharing a hide for a day is a great way to get to know people too.

I have had the honour of meeting a lot of PW members over the past few years! A great bunch of lads "and lasses"! I have to admit NON were as I pictured in my mind! Bit then again My mind is a tad twisted :lol:

I used to attend the annual meets such as Thimbleby, Marne, etc. At the time I had my Son in tow, and ALL the members, made Me and my Son feel welcome, and part of the picture!

We even ended up staying over at Alison and Ian's so we could do a few shoots in Yorkshire. Alison and Ian made us feel like we were right at home. I really can't thank them enough.

I have met some genuine, kind, colourful, witty, bright pigeonwatch members. And some very inteligent ones also with years of experience. Unfortunatley one particular member was banned but I found him to be a Card. Helpful, informative and had quite a bit of experience in Wildfowling. Namely Punt guns.

I fell out of touch as I.didn't have a land line. Still don't! It's a shame really.

Hawkeye has been an exceptional influence on Me! Not sure if thats a good thing or bad :lol: Genuine warm persona and makes Me feel at ease. It's almost like a second Father!

Mike! Where were you on 11th march june 1970? :lol:

Hi fisheruk, so when is it usually on?

We'll have to check with Carl and Sparkie to see if we can get the date fixed for 2014. It was 8-9 June this year. Camp fire in the woods on the Sat night. Great social event. Folk came from all over, but it is fairly local to you. :good:

must admit have not met any of the female members off here and as for building a mental picture i can't help but think of Lisa Dingle with a shot gun when i wonder what the female shooters off here look like :lol::lol: lol

having said that beardo looks a bit like Zak :lol::lol:

colin

Edited by colin lad