Wildfowling Season 2013-2014

Wildfowler325

The 1st of September is just around the cornor with only a week to go! Any one else like me that can't wait? Whats everybodys plans for the 1st? Please let us all know what your up to on the first and upload the photos that you take :good:

I wish you all to have a great season and that all goes well :)

Wildfowler325

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Wildfowler 325

Gun is oiled , decoys re painted , new calls get delivered this week and dog is back in serious training after summer . I did 3 miles yesterday and 6 this morning road work just start building her fitness. I have been doing a few long retrieves into the waves this last few weeks with her as well.

I can't wait

Cheers wildfowler 325

I won't be out on 1st as its a sunday:-( and my dad won't shoot on a Sunday so that means me to.

Will get a day under my belt before school starts again on the 3rd.

Have good season yourself mate.

All the best strangford wildfowler.

Edited by strangford wildfowler

All ready but still not decided where to start. Will probably pick somewhere that avoids the crowds. Roll on the bad weather and start of the pheasant season when the marshes are a lot quieter :lol:

Ain't that the truth :yes:

Won't be able to shoot the 1st (No Sunday shooting in Devon) one day during the week, work permitting :good:

Just been tonight and bought a slab of RC50 0's and my new head lamp came in the post yesterday so I am good to go as I think the rest of my kit is fine, I have been buying other shot in dribs and drabs through the year so the wife doesn't notice to spread the cost. Just need to start on the reconnaissance missions this next week to find out what the birds are doing, as far as I can see no barley has been cut yet and the geese are still a bit spread out although this last week I have seen bigger groups flying around.

looking forward to the season and also reading your posts and seeing your pics. Good luck to you all in this next season, hope its a cracker and that dream flight coupled up with faultless marksmanship finds you all :good:

hope its a cracker and that dream flight coupled up with faultless marksmanship finds you all :good:

Now that is 2 things that just don't seem to go together in my shooting, the best flight of last season was when i took a lad out on a taster flight and ended up lending him my semi auto as he had borrowed a grade 4/5 browning for the day from a mate. I just couldn't let him ruin it and let him have mine as the previous flights had been poor so wasn't expecting much, how wrong i was!!

Straight from the off Teal were buzzing into the decoys in 3's and 4's then the Mallard came in with 3 pairs dropping into the decoys followed by 2 big groups of wigeon flighting past, if i remember correctly he fired 9 shots and should have fired more but didn't see the birds in time - End result no birds and a bemused me :lol: , but at least he enjoyed it!

The battle for our small piece of Natural England marsh goes on (and on and on and on...).

We have now got a licence but they are putting restrictions on the number of visits we can make.

In the past we have been granted a number of days.

We have shown restraint and not overshot and now we pay the penalty as our new licence will be based on our previous years bag returns.

So, on the 1st, I will be there just because I can be. Then it is back to the battle once again.

Have a good season all of you.

I`ll be out in the mud a week today as we cannot shoot wildfowl on a Sunday here and the tide is pretty good for where I am off to, an hour earlier would have been better though.

Hopefully I won`t be getting shot at again, twice in 20 years is more than enough.

Edited by henry d

Now that is 2 things that just don't seem to go together in my shooting, the best flight of last season was when i took a lad out on a taster flight and ended up lending him my semi auto as he had borrowed a grade 4/5 browning for the day from a mate. I just couldn't let him ruin it and let him have mine as the previous flights had been poor so wasn't expecting much, how wrong i was!!

Straight from the off Teal were buzzing into the decoys in 3's and 4's then the Mallard came in with 3 pairs dropping into the decoys followed by 2 big groups of wigeon flighting past, if i remember correctly he fired 9 shots and should have fired more but didn't see the birds in time - End result no birds and a bemused me :lol: , but at least he enjoyed it!

Cracking flight for the lad, couldn't of asked for better, ", but at least he enjoyed it!" the main object of the day, well done that man :good:

The battle for our small piece of Natural England marsh goes on (and on and on and on...).

We have now got a licence but they are putting restrictions on the number of visits we can make.

In the past we have been granted a number of days.

We have shown restraint and not overshot and now we pay the penalty as our new licence will be based on our previous years bag returns.

So, on the 1st, I will be there just because I can be. Then it is back to the battle once again.

Have a good season all of you.

N/E at there best again, just been sorting out the consents for our club and facing up to the same tactics and scenario's. Had some great help from BASC with the whole procedure and for free.

Now that is 2 things that just don't seem to go together in my shooting, the best flight of last season was when i took a lad out on a taster flight and ended up lending him my semi auto as he had borrowed a grade 4/5 browning for the day from a mate. I just couldn't let him ruin it and let him have mine as the previous flights had been poor so wasn't expecting much, how wrong i was!!Straight from the off Teal were buzzing into the decoys in 3's and 4's then the Mallard came in with 3 pairs dropping into the decoys followed by 2 big groups of wigeon flighting past, if i remember correctly he fired 9 shots and should have fired more but didn't see the birds in time - End result no birds and a bemused me :lol: , but at least he enjoyed it!

I think I was there that morning, with Ian and the other chap that you gave you gun and I thought all this time what a bad shot you were..... Lmao