Wildfowling Season 2013-2014

Wildfowler325

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be selfish,take that bitch out on the marsh and bXXXXXXs to all them dogs out there :) craig. most of them dogs go after the bitches when not on heat anyway !!

Just nit worth hassle bshould a dog be about.

Anyone going to sheps or kirton tomorrow (Saturday) that I could tag along with?

Was thinking about a patch from the inside buy I would need to rip the inner sole, so I thouht I would try it just glued from the out side.

Have you tried aquasure on your waders? That stuff did the job on my old waders.

Don't worry about your bitch in season. I've taken mine to the marsh when in season. It need not be a problem.

Bit windy and wet here, been wet the last few days.

Not out fowling again untill wednesday evening, 7 flights last week and nowt in the bag. Got some cracking pictures though!

Please post the pics up!

And were getting 40mph winds tommorow so its looking good for fowling

Edited by Wildfowler325

First trip out last night. Windy and wet to say the least.

Very enjoyable to be back on my little bit of heaven courtesy of Natural England.

We have managed to renew our licence - one year only again - but we are still 'discussing' the number of visits that we can make.

Well when I say discussing I mean I answer his emails within a day and he ignores mine for a couple of weeks. We applied back in April and it's still not sorted.

Anyway, last night I was there and that's the main thing.

I shot like the ancient **** that I am - I'm blaming the wind and rain - and Merlyn couldn't find one duck in the extensive reed beds. But we came home with two mallard and a smile on our faces.

A large scotch - after gun was cleaned etc - and Merlyn woke me up at 1am because she wanted a pee.

I had fallen asleep in front of the telly!

Happy days...

be selfish,take that bitch out on the marsh and bXXXXXXs to all them dogs out there :) craig. most of them dogs go after the bitches when not on heat anyway !!

four good reasons why not 1st is its not the done thing to distract other peoples dogs (following an in season bitch is not a training error) - its nature! 2. you risk serious womb infection to work an in season bitch on a muddy saltmarsh 3. Bitches can also wander looking for a mate 4. most bitches go a little loopy and fail to comply correctly in season and a few days either side.

Edited by kent

four good reasons why not 1st is its not the done thing to distract other peoples dogs (following an in season bitch is not a training error) - its nature! 2. you risk serious womb infection to work an in season bitch on a muddy saltmarsh 3. Bitches can also wander looking for a mate 4. most bitches go a little loopy and fail to comply correctly in season and a few days either side.

I can assure you she will be left at home intill she's ready.

I have another bitch but I use her for rough shoot8ng and she tends to get bored when sat in a hide.

I agree with this comment in spades. If you have a bitch and you want to breed from her then accept that three weeks of your fowling season will be a problem as far as she is concerned. Why give that problem to every other fowler?

If you are not going to breed then get her spayed.

Simples!

Had a chap turn up on a pheasant day with my syndicate with a bitch on heat. Had a word and said he couldn't use her. He said he couldn't leave her in his car all day so went home. Good result as far as I and the others were concerned.

First trip out last night. Windy and wet to say the least.

Very enjoyable to be back on my little bit of heaven courtesy of Natural England.

We have managed to renew our licence - one year only again - but we are still 'discussing' the number of visits that we can make.

Well when I say discussing I mean I answer his emails within a day and he ignores mine for a couple of weeks. We applied back in April and it's still not sorted.

Anyway, last night I was there and that's the main thing.

I shot like the ancient **** that I am - I'm blaming the wind and rain - and Merlyn couldn't find one duck in the extensive reed beds. But we came home with two mallard and a smile on our faces.

A large scotch - after gun was cleaned etc - and Merlyn woke me up at 1am because she wanted a pee.

I had fallen asleep in front of the telly!

Happy days...

Ben, Glad to hear you are out and at them still and you have retained shooting for another year.

Rich

Ben, Glad to hear you are out and at them still and you have retained shooting for another year.

Rich

Thanks Rick, we are still arguing with NE about the fine print but we have got a licence.

Joints, mine, creak a bit more each season but still able to frighten the odd goose or two.

I went out for a few hours last night, I sat aside a large pool from 19:00 - 23:30. Plenty of teal dropping in every 10mins or so, but as is often the way, I couldn't see them until they splashed amoungst my decoys, so I let them be. I finished with 3 gadwall and a teal. No pics I'm afraid as the iPhone camera is useless in the dark.

Was anyone else shivering under the moon last night?