Design flaws with your guns

il cacciatore

al 391,sends the ejected shells way too far making picking them up after a days decoying a real pain.plus the fact that after three shots its a ****** to re-load quickly.oh,and on a god day i have to keep checking how many shells are in it,been down the bang click route too many times :good:

A very stiff release on the F3 - solved with lube, but you have to lube it every time the gun comes out.

Sticky rubber butt pads on all manner of guns - why? Really why, I just don't get why you would want the butt sticking to whatever you are wearing when you want to mount your gun...

Most Flaws happen because of poor QC at the factory

My Mates Bettinsoli had to go back as when he shot 2 quick shots in succession the barrel cracked open :good:

Turned out when i looked at it the lock wasn't engaging far enough into the barrel block it was literally sitting in about 1.5mm if that.

They just milled it out and sent it back job done.

QC should have picked up on that though as it CAN be a dangerous flaw.

LG

found a flaw in my new franchi 20g raptor the rib cross anti glare, you know the file ings , on top of the rib i was ducking under some vines after rabbits and it brushed aganst a post and because of the slight angle i was carrying it , and being a light gun one handed the edge of the rib griped on the post and wanted to act like a saw and dig in which made me try and pull it away and it still griped in the wooden post , freaked me out, and took a tiny little bit of blueing of the edge of my rib, i have checked it aganst my other guns and yes the edge of the rib is more like a fine file edge than any off them , it goes right to the out side and being right handed when i am walking i tend to carry it angled in towards me so the if it comes in contact with any thing its the edge of the rib that makes first contact , im going to have to watch that :good: dont need a pruning saw any more i will just take the shotgun :good:

I used to have an old Stevens 77F pump gun that belonged to my Father.

The behind the trigger safety catch spring was so weak it only needed the slightest touch to move it. Apart from that it was a nice gun.

After Hungerford and having to pay good money to have it crimped (and the magazine retaining screw slot filled with braze :good: ) It p*ssed me off every time I looked at it, so I sold it.

A very stiff release on the F3 - solved with lube, but you have to lube it every time the gun comes out.

Sticky rubber butt pads on all manner of guns - why? Really why, I just don't get why you would want the butt sticking to whatever you are wearing when you want to mount your gun...

use graphite powder once with some synthetic oil (beretta one seems to work well) and you wont have to reapply it again. My old man did this to his gun and it opens easier than my miroku now :good:

not a fan of sticky butt pads either. They suit people with a premounted technique, but just seem to hinder me with my mount.

The miroku mk70 has non adjustable triggers which are a bit too heavy and have too much over travel.

Thought this would make an interesting topic. Have you found annoying or stupid design flaws with your guns?

My Winchester 1200 has a sharp trigger guard (well not sharp but its quite pointed) and cuts my finger during prolonged shooting.

What things have you found?

Mine (ie winchester 1200) does the same thing..... After shooting with Sutty a bit ago... I had one very very red and cut finger... oh well... it was fun....

Also My CZ has a rough trigger.... only way to describe it... but I think that will be changed!