Child support Agency

wabbitbosher

Just had them on the phone chasing a debt of 2k from 14 years ago

Anybody else had this ?

i recon i can tell them to bog off

Will anybody send me a file in a birthday cake if i get banged up ?

They do live in a dream world don't they lmao.

Save the cake for after tea pal :good:

After 4 letters off them this week, one voicemail and one aggressive phone call I'm well aware the CSA don't play by the rules hence I googled this...

The CSA can chase debts due from its start date in 1993 as, under rules, it is not bound by the Statute of Limitations and cannot write a debt off. "Some parents can be hit with substantial bills for arrears," says a spokesman.

For the record - I'm a good dad but the CSA assume everyone is a bad egg.

CSA and court debts are not subject to the statute of limitations act , the best place to find out is the moneysavingexpert.com forums as they have CSA employees and advisors on there who will tell you exactly what they can and can't get away with , it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are pulling a fast one from some of the stories I have read on that forum, good luck, your gonna need it

Be careful with these people, they are ruthless. They have little regard for how good a dad you are, and will keep chasing you. Seek legal advice, and then go from there. But be warned, they will take from source, and as i belive, they only have to leave you with, i think around £700 a month, until the dept is paid.

Be careful with these people, they are ruthless. They have little regard for how good a dad you are, and will keep chasing you. Seek legal advice, and then go from there. But be warned, they will take from source, and as i belive, they only have to leave you with, i think around £700 a month, until the dept is paid.

after paying the mortgage I would have hardly anything left

just tell them you have £600 a month (see if jezza Kyle will have you on) you might make a few quid on the side ;)

just tell them you have £600 a month (see if jezza Kyle will have you on) you might make a few quid on the side ;)

All sorted now, this happened to me a good few years ago, just when i had started a new job. They took the money at source, so i didnt have much of a choice tbh. Its a flawed system, and has been said, a percentage goes towards those parents that cant/wont pay.