Had my 1st parking ticket today.......

jasper3

32 years of driving and never got a parking ticket... today on my 3rd wedding anniversary i dropped off a carpet, took it up to the bedroom for the old girl.... 7 bloody minutes it took me, and bang..nicked :lol::lol::lol: £35 fine ....

i must be draconian, i always thought you where given a few minutes, well they always use to :lol:

that will teach me for doing an old girl a favour

as for the wifes special treat... well thats gone out the window now :lol::lol::lol:

i am not normally a bad person with bad thoughts, but i hope that warden gets piles and sits on a rose bush :yes::yes::lol:

32 years of driving and never got a parking ticket... today on my 3rd wedding anniversary i dropped off a carpet, took it up to the bedroom for the old girl.... 7 bloody minutes it took me, and bang..nicked

as for the wifes special treat... well thats gone out the window now :lol::lol::lol:

Is that a euphemism for something?

7 minutes, that is better than me :whistling:

its £70 if i don't pay within 14 days... or bargain price if i do :lol: i thought i would try the appeal route, nothing to loose, but i know i won't win..and it only costs an email :lol:

i do a little work for the council, so ile add the £35 to the next job :lol:

is it a parking fine or a parking charge?

KW

Got one the other month off Islington council with pictures of a merc

I rang and I explained that I had a hilux and have not been to London for 2 years, they were really shirty saying its my reg number on the merc so I have to provide my logbook and prove my ownership of my hilux and not a merc to clear my name.

I rang twice and pleaded my case saying it was not my car (i obviously did not point out about different registration marks as they are professionals at doing this and know what they are doing) but they stuck to there guns.

I refused to pay so they said they where taking me to court aswell as the fine racking up.

I don't think they have realised yet that the registration on the top of the summons which is my registration,

Is different to the reg on the merc my car is 524 whilst the merc in the picture is 527 as you can see in the letter.

I Have not heard anything for a couple of weeks so I am not sure if they have yet picked up on there own incompetence :)

I'm sure they cannot charge me on anything I cannot see how you can make reg numbers up and make this stick in court,

Edited by delburt0

Be thankful it was only £35. I am incapable of getting the cheap ones. Haven't had one yet this month (as usually do by this point). I think I may have been caught in a yellow box yesterday though :(

There aren't any cheap ones in London mate... the norm is £130 or £65 if paid within 14 days... Good luck with the yellow box one mate, the camera might be looking somewhere else...

its £70 if i don't pay within 14 days... or bargain price if i do :good: i thought i would try the appeal route, nothing to loose, but i know i won't win..and it only costs an email :lol:

i do a little work for the council, so ile add the £35 to the next job :lol:

Softly softly catchee monkey, used to do it all the time at work. Stroppy customers who challenged repair charges I would reduce or do it as a freebie. When the next lot of repairs came in bang gotchya and for ever and a day after that ............wowcha!

:good:

32 years of driving and never got a parking ticket... today on my 3rd wedding anniversary i dropped off a carpet, took it up to the bedroom for the old girl.... 7 bloody minutes it took me, and bang..nicked :lol::lol::lol: £35 fine ....

i must be draconian, i always thought you where given a few minutes, well they always use to :lol:

i am not normally a bad person with bad thoughts, but i hope that warden gets piles and sits on a rose bush :yes::yes::lol:

If the ticket is issues by the police or council parking warden then usually your paying up...

However if it is from a firm like "parking eye" or and other private parking frim then you can appeal to POPLA which costs THE PURSUING COMPANY around £30.00 to do so.

My brother is a moderator for a website that helps people out with this kind of scandal. He is also a members on here!

Does it state 'No Loading' on the road and sign? If not then you might have a reason not to pay. You were loading/unloading, after all.

J.

If the ticket is issues by the police or council parking warden then usually your paying up...

However if it is from a firm like "parking eye" or and other private parking frim then you can appeal to POPLA which costs THE PURSUING COMPANY around £30.00 to do so.

My brother is a moderator for a website that helps people out with this kind of scandal. He is also a members on here!

if its a firm like parking eye you can just let them whistle

KW

As with above unless it is police or council... IGNORE!

Doesnt matter if they have your photo ect thats just for intimidation purposes and anyone can request a name and address for a registration from the DVLA.

I have one outstanding. They have tried to send me intimidating letters, all you need to do is ignore them. The most they can do I sue you for damages I.e the cost of a ticket. As far as my research led me to believe that has never happened in this country

Doesnt matter if they have your photo ect thats just for intimidation purposes and anyone can request a name and address for a registration from the DVLA.

I have one outstanding. They have tried to send me intimidating letters, all you need to do is ignore them. The most they can do I sue you for damages I.e the cost of a ticket. As far as my research led me to believe that has never happened in this country

I have had a couple,and my wife has had one, we just ignored and after 5 letters each all following the same format? (two different companies smart parking and ldk) they went away.

KW

not pepipoo is it

I've had a few...quite a number infact,but all i do is give it to my company and they write a filthy letter to the council who quash it.Im exempt from parking restrictions when working,but some meter maids dont understand English (or should that be pronounced Ingrish) and wont listen when i politely explain this.

There is a way round tickets though.If you can fit your vehicle with touring car style hydraulic wheel jacks they cannot issue a ticket if no wheel is touching the road.

not pepipoo is it

Yes I think it is. :yes:

I've had a few...quite a number infact,but all i do is give it to my company and they write a filthy letter to the council who quash it.Im exempt from parking restrictions when working,but some meter maids dont understand English (or should that be pronounced Ingrish) and wont listen when i politely explain this.

There is a way round tickets though.If you can fit your vehicle with touring car style hydraulic wheel jacks they cannot issue a ticket if no wheel is touching the road.

Hahahahahaha! I love things like this! :good:

How come your exempt?

Edited by BRNDL

There aren't any cheap ones in London mate... the norm is £130 or £65 if paid within 14 days... Good luck with the yellow box one mate, the camera might be looking somewhere else...

Yeah I have been on the sharp end of these a few times.

If I am in the wrong and a warden catches me then fair enough, its the sodding CCTV ones that bug me.

I dont think I will get away with the yellow box, I could see the camera moving around towards me as I was sat there. Tried to get really close to the van in front which was high in the hope they couldnt catch the plate but we will see....

That may have held true previously but things have changed and parking companies have changed the way in which they word these things and the contracts which you agree to when you enter a car park.

They are not as easily get-out-able as they were.

J.

I call BS on that one until a decent argument to support it is put forward.

J.

That may have held true previously but things have changed and parking companies have changed the way in which they word these things and the contracts which you agree to when you enter a car park.

They are not as easily get-out-able as they were.

J.

nothing other than they don't needs to prove who was driving has changed, they do not and will not pursue any loss, all they can claim is a couple of bob that they paid to the dvla for your details and any loss of parking cost, IE 5 quid or whatever at most, even if it went to court which it wont that's all they could seek not the "you may" have to pay whatever sums they threaten you with.

KW