favourite gun

digger

was chewing the breeze today with a shooting mate about the guns we have owned and the ones gun we regret parting with.i would spend way too much on a miroku i had when i was in my late teens just to have it back.i shot well with that gun and have never had one since that fitted me so well.also the 20 bore kestrel i learnt to shoot with,that gun shot more foxes on vermin days than my head keepers and fellow beat keepers guns.

what do you regret passing on ?

was chewing the breeze today with a shooting mate about the guns we have owned and the ones gun we regret parting with.i would spend way too much on a miroku i had when i was in my late teens just to have it back.i shot well with that gun and have never had one since that fitted me so well.also the 20 bore kestrel i learnt to shoot with,that gun shot more foxes on vermin days than my head keepers and fellow beat keepers guns.

what do you regret passing on ?

havent passed on any new guns yet, but my miroku will be with me untill i stop shooting for what ever reason.

First new gun and the best fitting gun ive ever tried, also looks great. Its a keeper :good:

Not passed on any guns yet but I don't think Ill ever sell the Winchester 1200 until finished with shooting. Remington 700 is annoying with the blind magazine, something I over looked in my haste of buying it so probably won't keep it too long.

What do you mean by "Blind Magazine"?

What do you mean by "Blind Magazine"?

The blind magazine is without a floorplate so once you've loaded the mag in order to empty it you need to cycle all the rounds through the chamber and eject them out onto the floor/muck. It is possible to modify it but it would involve adapting the stock etc which isn't worthwhile IMO :good:

I have an AYA 53 that I can't ever imagine parting company with.

Occaisonally regret getting rid of a Beretta 686 that I had just for clay shooting, wish I'd kept it now.

Is that AYA the special edition one, if so ive shot with that and it was pretty nice... for a S/S :good:

Nicest ive shot with was a 687 EELL 20 bore, great handling, lightness and looks great. The 687 silver pigeons is also lovely but not as nice looking.

Yep thats the one, it falls in between an AYA No1 and No2, it's the one with side clips on the breech.

I liked my Beretta too, it wasn't a bad gun......for an over and under :drinks:

It has to be either the Sig P2340 (.40) which was a doddle to shoot and really accurate or the Ruger .357 mag. Even though it had a bit of kick, it was really predictable and allowed me to beat a GB rifle team member in a "best group with the ammo left over"-style shootout!

Lovely gun that... It's the one I am smiling smugly with in my avatar.

It has to be either the Sig P2340 (.40) which was a doddle to shoot and really accurate or the Ruger .357 mag. Even though it had a bit of kick, it was really predictable and allowed me to beat a GB rifle team member in a "best group with the ammo left over"-style shootout!

I had a sig P220 in .45acp. Not as good as the Glock but nice all the same. A close second to the Glock will have to have been my S&W 686 .357mag. Very versatile with what you could reload from paper punching all the way up to magnum loads.

Had a Desert eagle for a while. Awesome when it worked but very tempramental.

dave

No 4 .303 Lee Enfield with optical sights. Hits very hard and very accurate. For fun the FN FAL (SLR) in 7.62 and for mega fun a GPMG in air defence role (heavy barrel and 100s of rounds in a oner!)

I've always found the Glocks to be a bit of a pea shooter...mind you I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end :blush:

I had a sig P220 in .45acp. Not as good as the Glock but nice all the same. A close second to the Glock will have to have been my S&W 686 .357mag. Very versatile with what you could reload from paper punching all the way up to magnum loads.

dave

But surely Dave the Government helped us all out by removing your guns, because you were obviously going to run riot around the land slotting everything that moved weren't you :blush:

dave

para ord in .45 acp :blush::blush: better than any glock ive fired, never got on with them,always felt toy like, and dont beleive anyone whos says throw it on the ground it'll still work :lol: clowns .

what went wrong with your D.E. :blush: love mine to bits, shame i can onlt shoot paper or steel plates with it :lol:

IMO best all round .357" ruger GP100. seen too many Smith & Wesson with worn top straps scary when they do that, hot loads can kill a gun quickly .

still love my Browning's all of em :lol::lol:

Martin

dave

para ord in .45 acp :blush::blush: better than any glock ive fired, never got on with them,always felt toy like, and dont beleive anyone whos says throw it on the ground it'll still work :lol: clowns .

what went wrong with your D.E. :blush: love mine to bits, shame i can onlt shoot paper or steel plates with it :lol:

IMO best all round .357" ruger GP100. seen too many Smith & Wesson with worn top straps scary when they do that, hot loads can kill a gun quickly .

still love my Browning's all of em :lol::lol:

Martin

Found out after I got rid of the DE that if you're using lighter than 158gn heads there isn't enough poke to cycle it. I wasn't reloading at the time and someone made me up some rounds that, although pushing plenty of umph, weren't pushing the right back pressure due to lighter bullets. I think they might have been 147gn?

Disagree about the Glock though I must admit to having to learn to shoot it in comparison to others.

One that was very popular with friends using it for service pistol etc was my CZ85. Although it rusted at the slightest touch it was reliable, accurate and just about everyone could get on with it. Pretty much like their rifles really.

Dave

• 1 year later...

I know I'm replying to an old message - but I have a mint 101 Super Grade 28" IC/IM for sale.

I'm in Ohio in the US.

Reply if interested & can send some pics to you.

Thanks,

Rick

love and i mean love my winchester 101 super grade xtr sporter, best handling and balanced gun i own o ll never sell it.love it so much id buy another. anyone got one?

I know I'm replying to an old message - but I have a mint 101 Super Grade 28" IC/IM for sale.

I'm in Ohio in the US.

Reply if interested & can send some pics to you.

Thanks,

Rick

love and i mean love my winchester 101 super grade xtr sporter, best handling and balanced gun i own o ll never sell it.love it so much id buy another. anyone got one?

thanks mate but i have enough to deal with at the moment.in the process of investing a few quid into another

My dad still regrets selling his first Miroku, says he has never shot aswell as he did with that. Not sure what model, but must have been getting on for 20 years ago.

I do not see myself selling my Browning 525 for sometime. It is just a grade 1, but is everything I need and hope it will last me a good few years.