miroku mk 38 grade 5

mrdavies

Got the gun last night. Lovely! Will up load a pic in a bit. Does any one no were I can get a recoil pad from. Its been changed and I like the one they come with.

Got the gun last night. Lovely! Will up load a pic in a bit. Does any one no were I can get a recoil pad from. Its been changed and I like the one they come with.

I think for about 70 quid you can insure it with BASC. I had one and the grade 5 wood split, it was repairable but a new stock from browning was £1000. They have an aluminium tube running through the grip for Strength Because I hear this is common on higher grades. On my 20 bore version I Am now very careful not to allow oil to run into the stock.but do not let that put you off the guns or of all the guns I have had they are the best built in my opinion. A grade 5 one takes some beating and probably another 8 grand before you had a nicer looking equally well built gun. Great choice.

I would look into the insurance though if I got another one the same.

Edited by wj939

My trap gun is an MK38 Grade 5 with 32" barrels. My guns are all insured on my house contents policy with the NFU. In the instances where I've had to claim they've been quick to deal with the claim, my agent is a friend and shooter too so that's probably helped.

Oh yeah they can split alright, I had a caesar guerini maxim absolutely mint had it from new, decided to trade it in, the guy in the shop was looking it over and says "well sir your not going to like this but no deal can be done here today" why was my obvious reply, must admit at this point my hackles had gone up because I'd already phoned him to find out if he wanted it or not which he did, he says "look closely and you will see the stock is cracked from the barrel selector through to the trigger guard on the other side!!" I was absolutely mortified to say the least, I'd never even spotted it, just looked like the grain of the wood but on closer inspection it was cracked alright, insurance is defiantly worth while...