What Sort Of People By A .22 Uzi?

110csw

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P.S. These views are not my own - just how I see it from other peoples point of view.

So whose view were you expressing when you answered your own question 'what sort of person would buy one of these?' with 'someone who needs a longer schlong' ?

They may well indeed be banned at some point, but on what basis..... their appearance? After all, it's only a 22 semi auto, and there are thousands in circulation.

As far as I'm aware the only well publisised instances so far of armed response swooping on legit shooters in fields has concerned pigeon

shooters.

So whose view were you expressing when you answered your own question 'what sort of person would buy one of these?' with 'someone who needs a longer schlong' ?

They may well indeed be banned at some point, but on what basis..... their appearance? After all, it's only a 22 semi auto, and there are thousands in circulation.

As far as I'm aware the only well publisised instances so far of armed response swooping on legit shooters in fields has concerned pigeon

shooters.

There is no basis for them to be banned - but that doesn't mean it will not happen. It just takes one idiot doing something stupid with one - after that it is mob mentality and the politicians follow. It has happened before.

There is no basis for them to be banned - but that doesn't mean it will not happen. It just takes one idiot doing something stupid with one - after that it is mob mentality and the politicians follow. It has happened before.

Eh? But surely that applies to all firearms in legal circulation! What point exactly are you trying to make by ridiculing those who choose to buy the type of firearm you opened the thread about?

Eh? But surely that applies to all firearms in legal circulation! What point exactly are you trying to make by ridiculing those who choose to buy the type of firearm you opened the thread about?

Indeed it does, but if the uninformed public see one particular type of weapon, then the inevitable will happen. Politicians are there to win votes and stay in power.

I didn't open this thread.

Indeed it does, but if the uninformed public see one particular type of weapon, then the inevitable will happen. Politicians are there to win votes and stay in power.

I didn't open this thread.

I must be missing something here,I'm just not following your logic. What has a .22 semi auto got to do with the 'inevitable' happening?

I stand corrected; you didn't open the thread. My mistake.

The last time I fired a Militarised .22 rifle was an SA80 with the H&K .22 conversion for indoor training ranges. It was garbage!! The .22LR didn't have enough charge to make the gas parts blow back properly so it jammed every other shot.

SA80 jamming every other shot nothing new there.

Just like the REAL thing then!

pretty much so. It was a bit of fun to shoot but the target would be unlucky to get hit. I dont know if it was a carp barrel or if it was some irregularity in the bolt spring system. pehaps it was a smoothe bore for 22 shot carts for rats or Birds on fruit trees. The guy soon got fed up with it and sent it in with other stuff for a trade in on a shotgun.

more appropriate and a better indicator than your "opinion" and finger in the air.

Surely, surely, you must have a tickle on your 'common sense' part of the brain that , that 'rifle' would turn more heads than a bolt action?

Now this may be stereotypical, which I'm not, and cannot be in my job, that anyone who buys or likes these types of guns have little interest in the accuracy, which is what rifle shooting is all about.

I might even go as far as most people who own these wear camouflage clothing, a lot.

This sport could do with more overall solidarity and less condemnation of niche shooting areas - there are plenty of people out there determined to demand 'bans' or tighter restrictions, we don't need that sort of attitude from within.

I have complete solidarity, we don't need dumbed down military rifles, I honestly don't see the point or attraction.

Surely, surely, you must have a tickle on your 'common sense' part of the brain that , that 'rifle' would turn more heads than a bolt action?

Now this may be stereotypical, which I'm not, and cannot be in my job, that anyone who buys or likes these types of guns have little interest in the accuracy, which is what rifle shooting is all about.

I might even go as far as most people who own these wear camouflage clothing, a lot.

I have complete solidarity, we don't need dumbed down military rifles, I honestly don't see the point or attraction.

Do you mean the type of dumbed down military rifle once used by Robert Bucknell or the camouflage he sometimes wears?

Still waiting for answers to my questions Aris..... Just when you're ready.

Do you mean the type of dumbed down military rifle once used by Robert Bucknell or the camouflage he sometimes wears?

Still waiting for answers to my questions Aris..... Just when you're ready.

I don't mean sometimes wears, I mean going to supermarket in camo type nutbar.

Couldn't give a monkeys about Robert bucknell.

Just cos you cant see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The point & attraction of them kyska is some people enjoy shooting for fun, this is just as much a valid reason to own an FAC as vermin control - but shooting paper targets @25meters with a bipod mounted CZ 452 and precision scope rig that makes clover leaf holes gets REALLY boring after a while - I've never shot one of these mil-clones but know a few people with them and they look very good fun, the closest I have come is rapid fire with a 1911/22 LBP and a marlin 795 and it was much more fun than my CZ.

It was a similar attitude from people within the sport that didnt help with the handgun ban - non-pistol shooters with a dim view of "all those walts" that chose to give no support in a sort of "I'm alright Jack - as long as the focus is off my particular area" attitude

And to generalize that people who like them are somehow unhinged/anti-social/unfit for FAC's is frankly as idiotic as the sort of tripe you read on the facebook anti-gun pages, the guys I know that own them are as normal as any other shooter.

10 years from now when the majority of the sport has been eroded and the antis set their sights on your particular area of interest I hope someone speaks up for you.

Edited by Katash

I didn't realise we were on Question Time. If you have a point, make it.

We aren't on Question Time, we're on Pigeon Watch.

You made some references regarding these 'type' of rifles and towards the people who chose to buy them.Those in need of ' longer schlongs' was how you referred to them I think,remember?

I was hoping you were going to make a point but you got muddled somewhere around inevitabilities or something to do with knives. Just have a look back through your posts if you can't remember.

I don't mean sometimes wears, I mean going to supermarket in camo type nutbar.

Couldn't give a monkeys about Robert bucknell.

So are you claiming that going to the supermarket in camo means you're a nut bar? I wonder if the Police know.

So pleased to know you don't believe in stereotyping.

I'm sure Mr Bucknell holds you in similar regard.

Just cos you cant see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The point & attraction of them kyska is some people enjoy shooting for fun, this is just as much a valid reason to own an FAC as vermin control - but shooting paper targets @25meters with a bipod mounted CZ 452 and precision scope rig that makes clover leaf holes gets REALLY boring after a while - I've never shot one of these mil-clones but know a few people with them and they look very good fun, the closest I have come is rapid fire with a 1911/22 LBP and a marlin 795 and it was much more fun than my CZ.

It was a similar attitude from people within the sport that didnt help with the handgun ban - non-pistol shooters with a dim view of "all those walts" that chose to give no support in a sort of "I'm alright Jack - as long as the focus is off my particular area" attitude

And to generalize that people who like them are somehow unhinged/anti-social/unfit for FAC's is frankly as idiotic as the sort of tripe you read on the facebook anti-gun pages, the guys I know that own them are as normal as any other shooter.

10 years from now when the majority of the sport has been eroded and the antis set their sights on your particular area of interest I hope someone speaks up for you.

I completely agree with you, my whole point is that they have no place in the field. On ranges where they are as **** as they are for vermin as they are target shooting fair play.

So are you claiming that going to the supermarket in camo means you're a nut bar? I wonder if the Police know.

Mr Bucknell doesn't use an 'Uzi' to shoot foxes with.

My comment about the camo is a metaphor, there are 'real' stereotypes of these types of nutbars.

I do agree in part that using the Uzi may not be the best idea for rabbiting due to its questionable accuracy but I'd happily take a Sig 522 or similar out - its accurate, short (folding stock) and quick - perfect for a truck gun.

The point regarding the public seeing you with one and calling the police is mute for 2 reasons, nowadays if the public see you out with a CZ they call the police anyway and also I don't make a habit of shooting anywhere near the public so it doesn't matter what I use.