Fog & candles

junctiontwo

Lots of new cars with driving lamps where fog lights used to be.

I don't mean to look cool - Swedish (I believe) law means I have to.

(I don't think it's cool - said tongue in cheek)

Driving Lamps are different, as they serve a diferent purpose and are mounted in a particular location on the vehicle accordingly.....in totally different position to Fog lamps BTW.

However, they have to extinguish upon the dipped or main beam being switched on and are perfectly legal to use during the day time in clear driving conditions.....As indeed you say, they come on automatically when the engine is started, but operate as stated previously.

Fog lights being used when road conditions are clear or dictate that their use is unnecessary on the other hand is not legal as they tend to dazzle oncoming and leading traffic.

Edited by Mk1 Man

What get me is drivers with their rear fogs on when there is just a little bit of mist. I came around the M25 this morning and although foggy in places visibility was never below 200m and yet still 90% had their sodding fogs on.

You should be happy, they don't do any harm... the worst is when the fog is thick and they don't use any lights... Been fishing recently on Hannigfield Reservoir , on A12 thick fog and visibility under 50m and none of them had any lights on... :no:

Apart from dazzle those behind them.

You should be happy, they don't do any harm... the worst is when the fog is thick and they don't use any lights... Been fishing recently on Hannigfield Reservoir , on A12 thick fog and visibility under 50m and none of them had any lights on... :no:

So it's not just where I live that 80% of the driving population don't know how/can't be arised not to use them then?

Indicators? What indicators? If you mean those orangey/amberish lights in each corner of the vehicle, then they're only there to switch on to disguise the fact that the driver has parked illegally.

So it's not just where I live that 80% of the driving population don't know how/can't be arised not to use them then?

:lol: It would seem not! Whereas I'm not at the Meldrew stage yet (Mrs says getting close though), this does get to me and particularly at RaBs. There's a mini version at the bottom of my road which twice a day is gridlocked due to the fact that within half a mile there's the biggest comprehensive school in the country plus 3 primary schools. The relatively few mums that walk their youngsters to school and the older ones that are unaccompanied run the gauntlet as no one knows which way anybody else intends to go (some appear not even knowing which way they're going themselves) and sooner or later after all traffic from each of the four roads having stopped, someone will make a dash for it and some little kiddy is going to get hurt or worse.

Drove back from Carlisle tonight 75 miles of coast to coast rain, well overcast reducing light levels and the light going anyway (6 o'clockish), plus spray from other vehicles.

Lost count of the number of cars and vans (lorries not too bad.....there's a surprise) driving on no lights or side lights only

I suppose the attitude must be 'well I can see so why do I need lights'

Don't the muppets know its to allow other drivers to see them as well as improving their own night(ish) vision.

Lots of new cars with driving lamps where fog lights used to be.

I don't mean to look cool - Swedish (I believe) law means I have to.

(I don't think it's cool - said tongue in cheek)

Indeed, especially cars with adaptive cornering lights etc. seen plenty of. VWs and Mercedes with what appears to be only one fog light on, as they turn the corner. They soon switch off again once they have straightened up out of the corner.