BBC1-Fox Wars.

bullet boy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grey squirrels have been released by the likes of Simon Cowell from that Animal hospital program. Apparently, he has a 'special licence' to do so.

Absolutely, there are only a handful of licences issued every year, the RSPCA seems to get a few.

Daft if you ask me, they are prohibited under the Wildlife & Countryside Act and the Government (DEFRA) are actively trying to remove them from the UK, yet they let people nurse them back to health and re release them into the wild.

So no point killing a fox as another one will move in, but removing a live fox prevents another one moving in how, exactly?

I was thinking the same and hoping for an answer in the programme. Turned out to be even more baffling after they caught that young one, took him away, gave him some flea treatment and then put him back. Did I miss something?!

Sounds like these humane fox catchers have created an ingenious business to me... They get paid to come and catch a fox, they then release it back into the same street and then presumably they get a call in a week to come and catch another fox.

I wish I could design websites that self-destructed after 30 days so that my clients would call me back and pay me to build it again!

Really enjoyed the programme.

£200 per Fox I'm quitting my day job!!!Lol

Yeah I enjoyed the programme myself, apart from that loser who fed the foxes in that tip of a garden.

I would be surprised if that fella is getting £200 a fox <_< . Did he say he has shot 2,300 in the past 10 years? That would mean that he has earned £460,000 from shooting foxes :lol: . Also, why would farmers pay this guy £200 a fox when there are loads of people willing to control fox numbers for free.

It was the narrator that mentioned the £200, neither of the guys shooting foxes mentioned any costs.

Yeah I enjoyed the programme myself, apart from that loser who fed the foxes in that tip of a garden.

I would be surprised if that fella is getting £200 a fox <_< . Did he say he has shot 2,300 in the past 10 years? That would mean that he has earned £460,000 from shooting foxes :lol: . Also, why would farmers pay this guy £200 a fox when there are loads of people willing to control fox numbers for free.

It was the narrator who mentioned the £200, and I believe the phrase was..it can cost up to £200 (or something like that)...perhaps someone who has it saved can dig out the exact quote! They also mentioned fox removal can be a time consuming process, there is nothing wrong with £200 a fox, my plumber charges £98 +Vat for the first half hour and £65 per hour after that, so that's £200 for 1.5 hours. Some foxes come easy, some take time!

As regards why he gets someone in, that's simple, he wants a professional not some weekend warrior! :good::lol:

Edited by Dekers