Pickled eggs

dead eye alan

Got to make sure you done them right.

My Mrs loves them and looked to make a load herself, when she looked how to do it she was suprised by the warnings of bacteria salmonella etc.

Six weeks is a long time when you want to eat them.

Figgy

i used to do tons of pickled eggs, one of my favourite things to eat. you can eat them after a fortnight but a month or more is better, i used to use malt vinegar for mine as i like the bite malt gave, downside is they look wierd.. brown in colour with white spots where they touch each other in the jar

i used to do tons of pickled eggs, one of my favourite things to eat. you can eat them after a fortnight but a month or more is better, i used to use malt vinegar for mine as i like the bite malt gave, downside is they look wierd.. brown in colour with white spots where they touch each other in the jar

you can get white(clear) malt vinegar,my son pickles his quail eggs,if you find the pickled eggs a bit sharp then you need to add sugar ,

andrew

i know about the white ones, seen them in tescos but im far to tight to pay double the price for a branded white when i can get tescos own brand brown.. if i was giving them to others i'd think about it but i pickle for myself and dont mind the brown eggs :)

Wife and daughter likes the eggs in brown vinigar more flavor she says, I don't mind the odd one but a bit spiky in the tongue all that malt.

Whenever she buys a jar, only the large jar will do they dont last more than a few days, not good for me as its a special kind of wind off pickled eggs :no: :no:

Figgy

I prefer doing them in malt vinegar too. Instant heart burn in a jar.

I've tried cloves, pepper, onion and garlic but have found plain to be best as they are pretty stongly flavoured anyway.

i prefer plain to, i tried loads over the years including naga chilli... they where a bum burner but always went back to plain ones im straight malt vinegar