Roma couple in court over kidnapping of ‘Maria’

Flashman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24605954

This is something out of a horror film: child kidnapping and then using the kid like a performing animal to beg. Fagin springs to mind here.

"Mr Salis and Ms Dimopoulou, who are also implicated in a string of robberies, have denied any criminal wrongdoing, claiming that the girl was given up by her biological mother."

I was going to make a point about Labour and open door immigration, but it's too sick for that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think she has not been kidnapped. The gypsy kidnapping thing psyxologos was talking about is really more of an urban myth.

must have been the immaculate conception then, or was she found under the gooseberry bush that grows in your utopia.

KW

What do you think has happened in this case aris?

I supect it is an abandoned child or street child from eastern Europe they 'adopted' (albeit illegally without papers) with the intention of getting state benefit.

I could be wrong - but that is what my intuition tells me. As you might surmise from my name, I'm of Greek descent. The Roma in Greece, although there for many generations, with Greek names even, and full Greek citizens have always been marginalised.

Edited by aris

I supect it is an abandoned child or street child from eastern Europe they 'adopted' (albeit illegally without papers) with the intention of getting state benefit.

I could be wrong - but that is what my intuition tells me. As you might surmise from my name, I'm of Greek descent. The Roma in Greece, although there for many generations, with Greek names even, and full Greek citizens have always been marginalised.

I suppose ben needam was abandoned in the same camp then.

KW

Those Roma don't live in the same world as the rest of us. 80% of them are illiterate - paperwork of any kind is a mere hindrance. Their family and social structures are completely diffrent to ours.

I hope I'm wrong and some parent of a missing child is reunited. Sadly this will stigmatise them even further. If the kid was Roma, but found that the parents were not biological ones, they would not have batted an eyelid.

Those Roma don't live in the same world as the rest of us. 80% of them are illiterate - paperwork of any kind is a mere hindrance. Their family and social structures are completely diffrent to ours.

I hope I'm wrong and some parent of a missing child is reunited. Sadly this will stigmatise them even further. If the kid was Roma, but found that the parents were not biological ones, they would not have batted an eyelid.

I'm not buying any of this. If you "find" an abandoned child you don't take that child and rear it into forced labour unless there is something seriously wrong with you. I don't care how marginalised, illiterate or disadvantaged these people are, this case just highlights the utter madness of allowing them unchecked into this country next year. We have enough of an amoral, illiterate, criminal, interbred underclass of our own. We don't need to import more of them by the ship-load.

Never said it was right - just pointing out how it is. As I said, they live in a different world.

Romanians have been able to come to the UK for some time now. Only thing they could not do was work without a permit, and claim state benefit

And I hope they stay in that world. They won't be getting a welcome from me.

No nationality has ever been banned. Anyone has always been able to come to Britain - subject to immigration controls. What has changed is that those controls have been ruled unlawful by the EU Commission and our borders dismantled. Working without a permit and qualifying for state benefits used to be a defining mark of citizenship, and still is in every sovereign country beyond Europe. The extension of these rights to any itinerant alien who turns up is a craven abdication of sovereignty and marks the end of us as a nation state.

And I hope they stay in that world. They won't be getting a welcome from me.

No nationality has ever been banned. Anyone has always been able to come to Britain - subject to immigration controls. What has changed is that those controls have been ruled unlawful by the EU Commission and our borders dismantled. Working without a permit and qualifying for state benefits used to be a defining mark of citizenship, and still is in every sovereign country beyond Europe. The extension of these rights to any itinerant alien who turns up is a craven abdication of sovereignty and marks the end of us as a nation state.

Sorry, off topic a bit but there was a very good program on R4 this morning (Start the Week, I think) unbiased and a non politically motivated view on imigration in relation to economics. Well worth a listen.

Getting back to the story, it is very shocking and I really hope the kid's parents are found before she has a life of institutions and further instability.

Never said it was right - just pointing out how it is. As I said, they live in a different world.

Romanians have been able to come to the UK for some time now. Only thing they could not do was work without a permit, and claim state benefits.

Is there anyone you won't defend:0

I think kidnapping was probably the order of the day. Even if she was gifted to em they could of looked after her instead they decided to treat he like a animal.

Disgusting

;

Sorry, off topic a bit but there was a very good program on R4 this morning (Start the Week, I think) unbiased and a non politically motivated view on imigration in relation to economics. Well worth a listen.

Getting back to the story, it is very shocking and I really hope the kid's parents are found before she has a life of institutions and further instability.

ha ha R4 not biased ooh chortle chortle,,its the worst of the lot bunch of rabid lefties.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10390607/Can-we-still-trust-the-BBC.html

Edited by kdubya

Is there anyone you won't defend:0

I think kidnapping was probably the order of the day. Even if she was gifted to em they could of looked after her instead they decided to treat he like a animal.

Disgusting

Exactly where was I defending anything? These people live that way - illiterate, poor. I w merely sating thefavts. Many governments have tried to alter thir ways, but it does no good. I suppose you would consider mass sterilisation as a solution?

Just wait until we open the gates, I have a huge suspicion aswell that the government have put this automatic pension thing into place with a view to stopping the state pension. Probably due to having to support these when they come across. Just search on YouTube for documentarys on this group of people, can't find anything positive.

If the little girl was stolen then I would not have thought that it would be to hard to find her real parents as she would have been reported to the police as missing and all that they have to do is look at there DNA having said that people in pore countries or even drug users do give children away if they cannot afford to look after them so I would wait to see before condemning people.