410 for sporting

Ugb25

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the odd person taking their young ones out with a 410 but have never seen an adult using them regularly. I owned one for a short while and apart from the fact the shells are prohibitively expensive it is just such a fruitless exercise. Part of the fun of ESP is smoking a few but the 410 lacks the pattern density to do that so breaks tend to be chippy and misses aplenty.

There'll be someone along in a minute telling us his gran has back gunned with his 410 on high bird shoots all his life and wipes everyones' eyes sat on his shooting stick, others will say it's a gun for experts but in truth it just ain't enough gun to be fun.

Edited by Hamster

The Yelditz is about. The best of the bunch for the money (£500) it will cost you £1300 for a browning or beretta the Yelditz will resell easily being multichoke avoid the Heglu it's heavy and Edgers have just ditched the agency so not share about warranty

I have never looked back since buying mine however to run them cheaply reloading is a must

Deershooter

Pah, you're all pussies!

Want you want is a bolt action Webley & Scott .410.

It's my daughter's gun and whenever I said to an interested observer "Would you like a go?" the child-like grin on their faces as they use it is worth the extortionate .410 cartridge prices.

I'm thinking about getting my re-blued and re-doing the woodwork myself. This is to try and add some value to it for re-sale but I know it's just going to make me love it even more. It's just another excuse not to approach about a decent 20 gauge.

Edited by DrBlox

I too have a webley and scott bolt action, they are worth about £40, stripped it down to bare bones and rebuilt it, then took the varnish off the stock and oiled it. lovely little gun for shooting close quarry.

Once shot a pigeon at about 35 yds with it though?

I reckon a .410 is a lot of fun, so scratch the itch and enjoy.

I`ve just bought my son a bolt action .410 after he had a go last weekend and broke a couple of clays with the .410 they have at the shooting ground. His biting at the bit to have a go with his own but I`ve got to trim the stock down for him 1st as his only 6 so its a tad long for him. I plan to let him do say 10 shots every time he comes with me just to get him involved.

It seems there's more positive answers than negative ones I've already started to look about and see what's about but not going to rush into buying anything until Xmas but please keep the comments coming good or bad also cartridge recommendations etc thanks Andy