Wildfowling vid from this week

steve0146

A morning flight from this week. The rain has added some water to the fields and the wigeon are now using them. I tried to intercept some going back to the estuary. It was a bright sunny day and no wind. A really slow morning, nothing moved for first two hours, and didnt even see a duck till almost packing up time.

But then they moved! Nearly everything was high but it was nice to see. Really happy with the dog; its not the easiest place to pick a dropped bird!

Edited by steve0146

Good find that dog, the surprise in your voice speaks volumes of how hard a find that could have been.

I have never seen that many shovel bills together, was it one of the birds shot in the clip?

It was the first bird shot in the clip. It was with the pack of wigeon.

Nice vid mate. Good shooting. Another favourite recipe for shoveler involve a house brick and some gravy. End result being the house brick will be more pallatable than the duck. I've avoided shooting one Ever since the first brace I shot. Lol.

I watched your video mate. Looks like you avoid shooting everything!! :lol: (hear you did ok in Scotland though)