Post a picture of your gun!

Peter_HMR

cheers Hunter, thats a nice reply. as im new to the shooting biz, i cant get enough of the info thats out there , and im getting a great amount of help from some of the guys on this site. very positive. once again, many thanks to all who have offered there help and info. :/

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came here as an airgunner. Thanks to this forums support, help, and knowledge ( I spend probably 20 hours a week on this forum ) I learnt a lot, and progressed to FAC, and SGC. with PW's hellp I applied and was granted 2X firearms and 2X shotguns. There are some very helpful people on this forum, and I have met a couple of memebers in person, who have helped me with shooting/getting out of home a bit :/

Stick at it, and progress as you feel comfortable to do so. Me I like to push things to the limmit a bit, expecially my hobbies.. Im even getting advice on my other hobby Scuba diving here :hmm:

But the single most important thing about shooting or any other hobby, is to remember its about having fun, when its not fun anymore, then step back or stop. We do this hobby because its our passion, the one thing we can think about in those dark times, and keeps us going.

(well it does for me when im sourounded by paperwork and chavs in college)

I have seen a fe people putting in silly comments about the fact that they 'only own an airrifle' PW welcomes all shooting sports, and encourages all memebers to enjoy what they do and make the most of it. There are plenty of memebers who stick with what they have, and others are tempted to try something else. Thats the beuty of a forum, theres loads of knowledge, loads of helpful people, and most of your qeustions can be answered. I for one do not respect anyone more for woning a bigger/more powerful gun then someone else. What I respect is someone who quietly gets on with it and ejoys what they have.. there are plenty of poor people that are happier then millionaires who are crazed by what they earn, and not the simple fact that we have one life, (IMO) and you need to enjoy it while you can!

the americas just want more power.5.56 is by far enough power. the sa80 is a good rifle, you do get the odd stoppage but if u keep it clean its fine.most problems are fixed with a simple forward assist, just keep mud away from the working parts. i get a 40/50mm grouping from 5 rounds from 300 yards (open sights). i would like to have ago of the M14 A1 rifle and the M60 :yes:. both 7.62mm.

Flash what regiment is your dad in?

The U.S military isn't dropping the 5.56 anytime soon, that much I can promise you. They have too much invested into it and it wouldn't be worth the cost IMHO. Even though it's the in thing these days to bash the M16/M4, most Iraq vets( Marines and 101st Airborne)that i've talked to really love it. They've said as long as you keep it reasonably clean, it'll treat you right. But I have heard a few complaints from guys who carried the M4 about a lack of stopping power at long range due to the shorter barrel and reduced muzzle velocity.

are those cadet rifles in the pic..

god bless the cadet rifles.. always prefered them on ranges to regular sa80s as cleaning after ranges takes half the time without dealing with gas parts

hunter - thoe bullet pics - are they 556s on the left

it seems that the members of PW could well start a small war on the back of personal collections...

Nope , even better, the .222 round! (well its all I have, so of course its the best) :blush: Smaller case then the .223 (5.56mm), contains a lighter bullet head, shoots less far aledgedly, but a very accurate round :lol:

I can keep up to 10,000 rounds of shotgun ammo, 100 rounds of .222 Centerfire and 300 rounds of .22lr, thats nothing compared to what some people own of rifle ammo, well into the thousands as its far cheaper to bulk purchase.

how fun would it be trying to shoot pigeons with sa80's?

you would also need a good backstop though... :angry:

Expensive..... and probably very messy!!!!! :lol:

lol, if a loggie ever needs to use a LSW then it's time to start speaking german folks...

Only kidding chris :no:

ZB

Expensive..... and probably very messy!!!!! :no:

lol, if a loggie ever needs to use a LSW then it's time to start speaking german folks...

Only kidding chris :lol:

ZB

:lol: Not just any old loggie my friend :lol:

Expensive..... and probably very messy!!!!! :no:

Only kidding chris :lol:

ZB

:lol: Not just any old loggie my friend :lol:

Come to think of it, if anybody bothers to use a LSW in anger then it's definately time to sprecht deutsch cos that is pointy stick and chunk of concrete time! RAUS! Shwienhunde!