Post a picture of your gun!

Peter_HMR

Sorry for beeing such and old fashioned *****, but I have used this one in 30 years shooting pigeons, rock doves, pheasants, partridges, redlegs, willow grouse, ptarmigan, capercaillie, black game, francolins, spur fowl, tuurkey, guinea fowl, crows, magpies, gulls, woodcock, snipe, ducks, geese, roe deer, rabbits, blue hares, brown hares, scrub hares, jackrabbits, cottontails, foxes, rats, badgers and so on with this trusty old gun, so I don't think I could use anything else. Cost £45 when new in 1906, I paid £700 for it in 1976.

That is an absolute beauty :good: . Any idea what the chokes are?

Zapp

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an absolute beauty :rolleyes: . Any idea what the chokes are?

Zapp

It's quite open, improved cylinder and 1/4 or 1/2 choke, Chambers 2,5" and it is prooved for 1 1/8 ounces of shot. I generally use 28 or 30 grams of number 6 shot for virtually everything, and it works fine.

It's quite open, improved cylinder and 1/4 or 1/2 choke, Chambers 2,5" and it is prooved for 1 1/8 ounces of shot. I generally use 28 or 30 grams of number 6 shot for virtually everything, and it works fine.

Thanks for the info sten, hope it gives you many more years service.. I'm so jealous! :unsure::blush:

Zapp

Thought I’d start off by adding my pride and joy to your gallery. It’s a Barasingha model 221 (12G O/U multichoke). OK it’s not a dead sexy Browning or Berretta, but I’m on a budget! I bought it from a local gun dealer last Summer after looking around at a few guns and I like it a lot. It certainly ticked most of the boxes for what I wanted in a gun. I only have three chokes for it (skeet, imp mod and imp cyl) and it has the more open ones in at present (to give me the best chance on the clays!)

Hopefully later in the year, it’ll bag some pigeons and bunnies too….

post-10772-1201644458.jpg

post-10772-1201644471.jpg

post-10772-1201644482.jpg

Thought I’d start off by adding my pride and joy to your gallery. It’s a Barasingha model 221 (12G O/U multichoke). OK it’s not a dead sexy Browning or Berretta, but I’m on a budget! I bought it from a local gun dealer last Summer after looking around at a few guns and I like it a lot. It certainly ticked most of the boxes for what I wanted in a gun. I only have three chokes for it (skeet, imp mod and imp cyl) and it has the more open ones in at present (to give me the best chance on the clays!)

Hopefully later in the year, it’ll bag some pigeons and bunnies too….

post-10772-1201644458.jpg

post-10772-1201644471.jpg

post-10772-1201644482.jpg

A very pretty gun and case! :good:

Jim

• 3 weeks later...