Franchi huunter 12 gauge

Gun Watch

YOU do realise these work of long recoil and not gas piston ? that means the whole barrel moves backwards to cycle and ejects carts , i had one once and never hit ANYTHING i aimed at bloody horrible guns ! :oops: (JUST MY OPINION no offence )

Edited by M.A.Gnun

YOU do realise these work of long recoil and not gas piston ? that means the whole barrel moves backwards to cycle and ejects carts , i had one once and never hit ANYTHING i aimed at bloody horrible guns ! :oops: (JUST MY OPINION no offence )

What a really helpful comment to make.

which is why at 150 its worth a punt

KW

I have just sold one of these and it was the best gun I ever had and the biggest mistake was selling it.The recoil was no issue what so ever if it was shouldered right.I only sold it as had to make room for a variation and her in doors wont allow an additional cabinet.Its well worth 150 if a minter, wish I had the space.

If I ever convince the other half to let me install another cabinet another AL Hunter is 1st on the list.I would even go as far to say if money was no object and i could choose any gun I msy be mad but the AL Hunter would be my choice.

Fully agree. Great guns. They're based on the original Browning A5 long recoil design first built in 1900.

Recoil issues are usually because the recoil friction ring and bush are not in the correct configuration. These are position adjustable to accommodate the use of light or heavy loads. They are effectively a braking system to slow the rearward travel of the barrel under recoil. Correctly set, they are incredibly comfy to shoot - even heavy magnum loads. I use a 1955 A5 for just about all my pigeon shooting. Get the friction ring set for a light load and then fire a heavy load and yeah..... she'll kick your ***!

Fully agree. Great guns. They're based on the original Browning A5 long recoil design first built in 1900.

Recoil issues are usually because the recoil friction ring and bush are not in the correct configuration. These are position adjustable to accommodate the use of light or heavy loads. They are effectively a braking system to slow the rearward travel of the barrel under recoil. Correctly set, they are incredibly comfy to shoot - even heavy magnum loads. I use a 1955 A5 for just about all my pigeon shooting. Get the friction ring set for a light load and then fire a heavy load and yeah..... she'll kick your ***!

Interesting and useful post- noted for when I get my Franchi Hunter! :good: