Fud Decoys for Wildfowling

Beretta28g

Not yesterday they wasn't , they belong to the chap I was shooting with so cant tell you much more , he does not use them a great deal .

My opinion would be same as above , they would be best as silhouettes under the moon or late evening flights .

They do pack down nice for carrying though.

I have used pinkfoot fuds inland decoying greys and Canadas over the last few years. They seem to do the job, although they have been used with other decoys. I have no doubt they would work well on their own.

Beretta, did you buy them on ebay from the bloke in Kings lynn?

I find the Greylag fuds work best close together along with plywood silouettes,I reckon if they're to far apart the geese study them individually and veer of, but together they just seen a big bunch and come in closer or land. I use 6 fuds,6 ply silouettes,11 sillosocks.This works for me anyway, and a mate has mallard fuds ands doesn't like them on the water , I think they're all over the place.

It's just too far to carry a decent number of full bodied coys on the "off chance"

Never set of fowling on the off chance, invariably you will draw a blank. Take std deeks and remove the keel ballast turning them into an aqua keel (drill a hole front and rear)or do as most do carry less. Remember your quarry views most things from above in low light, if you want to fill out a smaller number of full bodies put out a few flat silhouettes. 4 drilled out mallard deeks weigh far less than one dead one!

These FUD are quite heavy in the keel