Range Finders.

Rimfireboy

Me and rangefinders simply do not get on, I had 2 x JSR units, one was faulty on arrival, the next lasted 3 days, Bought a Nikon then, that didn't work at all. Gave up.

That was a few years back, I know I must have just been really unlucky, and the thought of buying another continues to crop up, but in truth I seem to shoot well enough without one.

Does anyone use theirs out to decent range? 300+? Had a look at bigboodydaddys and liked it but there several hundreds of pounds for a (licia?)

I use mine out to 500-520yds regularly and more depending on what rifle i am using but it is a Leica CRF.

The cheaper range finders just wont cut it and are poor at any decent distance.

My shooting partner used a bushnell for a couple of years, recently he bought a used Leica CRF 1200 and cant believe the superiority in all aspects.

Its the Leica's ability to ping of any size of solid target at all distances thats puts them heaps above the lesser range finders.

Ian.

Jim I haven't got a Hawke Rangefinder but I can highly recommend a Bushnell Yardage Pro which I've got,if you want advice for any other make of Rangefinders.

ATVB.

Thanks Mark, I'm interested in any type to try and determine what offers the best balance of price/performance for my needs. What sort of range/target size have you been getting good accurate readings Mark?

I only shoot between about 10 yards and 150 yards and consequently a rangefinder that works at 10 yards (many don't) is more important to me than one that works at 500 yards.

My Bushnell Sport 450 was passed on to my son and I got a Nikon Laser 550 which is much better quality.

One thing I do miss is a backlight.

At night it is a bit of a faff trying to see the display and judging distance at night on ground that I am not familiar with is really hard for me so that is when I most need the rangefinder. I have not looked for a couple of years or more, perhaps there is one with a backlight now (that is affordable!).