gdk cabinet not opening

ky322

I am afraid it sounds like they may have mixed the keys up. Then again, at least you got your safe. GDK don't seem to be doing to well when it comes to reliability. I seem to remember some one else having problems with them, indeed I decided not to buy one of there ammo safes due to the last negative thread.

Tried both sets of keys. The top one turns half way round but not fully open but the bottom is solid. Really cannot fault delivery etc as I ordered it 2pm yesterday and it was here at 3pm today and thats delivered to Campbeltown. If I could just get into the bloody thing now it would be 1st class but sending the wrong keys has really left a sour taste, especially when postage is £30 a whip I certainly hope im not left with another 2 postage charges to get it sorted

Thanks for the help but on the west coast of Scotland! Looked in the local paper this morning and there's a 4 gun brattonsound for £50 so ill take a refund on the gdk and go and pick that up

Bargain that mate Just make sure you get the right keys....

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this thread by googling the same problem!!

My GDK safe arrived this morning (can't fault delivery), and I unpacked it but couldn't for the life of me open it!!

However, persevered and it's fine now. It seems the keys have to go into a certain depth else they'll just spin, and it takes two turns to unlock it.

It's definitely not the highest quality safe I've seen but for £70 delivered brand new it's good enough.