Wildfowling The Whole Story Volume 3 from Chris Green

lindsay

Out of interest whats your views on the bit at the end were Chris fires rockets at the ducks on the pond to flush them, and the guns shoot the lot .? I have heard many views from ......"great fun what a joker ...." to..." what a ***** absolutely no respect for the quarry "...

Just interested to get the general view of PW members .I have assumed that the ducks were fairly tame and trusting of humans as the pond is within yards of a bungalow and probably fed all summer by the residents (holiday makers),also the needed a rocket to get them flying !!

Not sure about his son James going on about how he only uses 1 1/8 bismuth fives on everything ,then knocking down 3 geese into the river... none dead ,pretty **** advert for his choice of cartridge i would say. Still maybe they were going to aim some rockets at them to finish them off.

While I certainly wouldn't use bismuth 5s as my first choice for geese, I would have to jump to his defence on this occasion. If he has had success with that load (i'm sure he has) and keeps his ranges sensible then best of luck to him. I'm fairly sure (from watching their dvds) that he doesn't shoot geese at much over 30 yards. Maybe his aim was a bit off on that day and he didn't kill them cleanly. However, I have had to retrieve wounded geese when using large steel shot - wounding can happen regardless of load.

Anyone that says they have never wounded a goose, hasn't shot many geese.

While I certainly wouldn't use bismuth 5s as my first choice for geese, I would have to jump to his defence on this occasion. If he has had success with that load (i'm sure he has) and keeps his ranges sensible then best of luck to him. I'm fairly sure (from watching their dvds) that he doesn't shoot geese at much over 30 yards. Maybe his aim was a bit off on that day and he didn't kill them cleanly. However, I have had to retrieve wounded geese when using large steel shot - wounding can happen regardless of load.

Anyone that says they have never wounded a goose, hasn't shot many geese.

:yes: craig