.17 mach 2 rf

gosbod

Am I wrong here, the latest CZ 455 range does not feature a 17Mk2, I think that says something, they are not popular, and ammo will get harder and harder to find for both people in the UK who still have one, the other 6 people who bought them are currently trying to sell them on Guntrader! These are rimfires, when the ammo gets even harder to find than it is now how do you plan on reloading them?

They work ok, but someone invented a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. :good:

Anybody got any thoughts on theese wondered if they were any good performance wise and whats the ammo like to get hold of thanks

My thoughts would be that you'd be better off getting an hmr, or a .22lr, depending on your requirement. If more different loads/bullets were offered in hm2 it might have been a more popular/versatile calibre. Eg, subsonic maybe? But even then, you've got .22 lr for that.

I would have one it would fit nicely between my .22 lr and .22 hornet

:hmm::hmm:

.22lr sub 100ft lb to just over 200ft lb

.17HM2 166ft lb

.22 Hornet circa 700-800ft lb

Where would a HMR (245ft lb) or WMR(320ft lb) or even a 17WSM(circa400-450ft lb) fit then?

Edited by Dekers

Even if the ammo dies over night surely it could be Re chambered for .22 for little cost in comparrison to a new rifle.

If you have a use for one and fancy a change why not.

The problem with the HM2 is that it has a very narrow window of ideal/preferred use, the .22lr offers a mass of different ammo, and the HMR moves that on a level.

Of course there will be ideal uses for the HM2 which neither the .22lr or HMR fits as well, but there are so few of them next to nobody needs one! The HM2 turned up just a couple of years after the HMR and has simply not found a market to speak of.

I believe Eley stopped making HM2 ammo, CZ have stopped chambering HM2, the writing is on the wall in bold letters.

I believe ammo suppliers are currently just CCI/Hornady, and probably out of the same factory.

:yes::good:

Edited by Dekers

How many people do you know who have a HM2, there was hardly any sold in the UK? :hmm::hmm:

One of my local dealers sells quite a few - he is quite a fan of the HM2 - most, if not all, of the other gun dealers in my area sell very few. I have spoken to quite a few of those that own the HM2 and they really like them..........maybe if they had bought a HMR they would like it more....or maybe not.

Thanks again for imput all of u i have spoke to a guy who shoots a mach two he loves it too and have spoke to gun shops that i use and all say ammo can be got an they stock a small ammount of it ive got a use fa a mach two so ime gonna get one after crimbo out of the way i shoot a .22 rimi an a 22.250 an i wouldnt part wi either of em like i say i have a use fa mach two an there cheaper to feed than the hmr cheers